Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Financial Dimension of...
Finance forum
Answered

Financial Dimension of Item (BYOD)

Posted on by 150

Using BYOD and exporting the Financial dimension values ( [dbo].[FinancialDimensionValueEntityStaging] ) I get all the dimension values and the descriptions. I would like to pair them to items (Released Product Details). How do I achieve this?

I know there is a "DEFAULTLEDGERDIMENSIONDISPLAYVALUE" column in Released Products V2 entity ( [dbo].[EcoResReleasedProductV2Staging] ) but it shows it with a bunch of lines inserted "-----2041-"

Any better way to achieve this?

Categories:
  • agneum Profile Picture
    agneum 150 on at
    RE: Financial Dimension of Item (BYOD)

Thanks for the quick reply. I will take the default fields and use string splitting function.

• Ties Philippi Profile Picture
    Ties Philippi 960 on at

Hi Agneum,

As far as I know it is only 1 general template you can setup for dimensions.  So creating a specific one for Azure SQL is not possible.

Best regards,

Ties

• agneum Profile Picture
    agneum 150 on at

Yes, this helps of course. Any way to specify a particular format to be used for an export project to Azure SQL? The issue of course, is that I would still have to unnest/split the displayvalue string into seperate rows to be able to join other tables.

• Verified answer
    Ties Philippi Profile Picture
    Ties Philippi 960 on at

Hi Agneum,

To configure this go to the following menu General Ledger --> Chart of Accounts --> Dimensions --> Financial dimension configuration for integrating applications. In here you can configure 4 options:

* Default dimensions format, dimension layout used for default dimensions (like you set up on customers / vendors / items / etc)

* Ledger dimension format, dimension lay out used for general ledger postings

* Budget register dimension format, dimension lay out used for budget register entries

* Budget planning dimension format, dimension lay out used for budget planning

As you can have different set up of dimension formats in your account structure, you need to tell D365 how to handle this while exporting / importing. Since you can only define one setup per options, in general you would create one big string in an order of your choosing containing all the relevant dimensions for your company, however you are completely free in doing this. This will give you the flexibility of hiding dimensions in exports as well (like the personnell number for example).

Please see the screenshots below for extra reference.

Default-dimension-setup.pngItemSetup.pngResults.png

• agneum Profile Picture
    agneum 150 on at

I'd like to export the default financial dimensions for all products. Namely those found in "Released Product details" in D365FO.

The entity  "Released products V2" export gives me a column called "DEFAULTLEDGERDIMENSIONDISPLAYVALUE". Financial dimensions entity gives me all the dimension values.

Obviously I can not join on the displayvalue.

In AX09 you could right click on any field and easily get more information in regards to the database. It's much more difficult in D365. If I could get the entities used from a form name for instance that would really help out.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at

Hi Agneum,

Can you explain your question by providing some more details? Like Ludwig, I'm not able to understand your issue or what you want to achieve.

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Hello agneum,

What is it that you want to do exactly?

To you want to associate each item with a findim in D365FO?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans