Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

My drop ship feature does not work properly on purchase order ship to address.

Posted on by 125

Is it true that you cannot utilize the drop ship feature without using WorkFlow?  Is there a way to have the ship to address on a purchase order header show the customers address when shipping directly from a vendor?

• Suggested answer
    Joseph Markovich Profile Picture
    Joseph Markovich 3,816 on at
    RE: My drop ship feature does not work properly on purchase order ship to address.

Hi Melissa-

This is all possible right out of the box. When creating your sales order, click the Actions menu at the top and select Purchase.

Now you can choose the line items that you want to create an equivalent PO for. If the default vendor for the item is set up in Inventory, this will automatically fill it in on this window -- and also use all of the information from the sales order lines to create a new PO or multiple POs if different vendors for the line items.

The address information from the header of the sales order will appear on the header of the PO. If the address information is different for a particular line item on the sales order, it will show that address information underneath the same line item on the PO.

These sales order line items and purchase order line items will then be linked together once you generate the PO. When the drop-ship PO is invoiced by the vendor, you'll be able to transfer the sales order lines to invoice and bill your customer.

Am more than happy to do a walkthrough if you'd like too.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.
    Joe

• Almas Mahfooz Profile Picture
    Almas Mahfooz 10,974 User Group Leader on at
    RE: My drop ship feature does not work properly on purchase order ship to address.

>>>Is it true that you cannot utilize the drop ship feature without using WorkFlow?

I don't think so but lets have other member's confirm this.

>>>Is there a way to have the ship to address on a purchase order header show the customers address when shipping directly from a vendor?

If you want to have fields on PO header for display then with the help of customization they can be added on header.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans