Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Remote Assist forum / Dynamic 365 Remote Ass...
Remote Assist forum
Suggested answer

Dynamic 365 Remote Assist Microphone Low Volume

Posted on by 7

Good Day everyone,

I had a particular bug(?) in my XR10, HoloLens 2 unit where, during an active Remote Assist Session the Microphone Volume on the HoloLens 2 unit is very low. The audience is BARELY able to hear the HoloLens2 user Voice speaking through the HoloLens 2 microphone. 

I have another unit of HoloLens 2 that is producing the same issue as above. I believe this should not be a hardware issue. This had never happened before and I have the 2 units for more than a year + prior to this issue.

All software and windows are updated to latest version
Dynamic Assist 365 Remote Assist 3.09 (309.2204.6001.0). Windows Updated (latest 10 May 2022)

Temporary Solution that I found: 
Once the Bluetooth Bone Conduction Speaker is turned off, Microphone volume significantly improves. Once microphone volume improves, turning on bluetooth bone conduction speaker after does not affect the microphone sound quality and remains loud.

Many Thanks.

Categories:
  • RS-05071740-0 Profile Picture
    RS-05071740-0 165 on at
    RE: Dynamic 365 Remote Assist Microphone Low Volume

Hi Caleb G,

I notice in a recent update for Remote Assist that,

"Fixed an issue where audio was not correctly directed to Bluetooth headsets during a call"

At URL: learn.microsoft.com/.../whats-new

I will try updating the Dynamics 365 Remote Assist solution to the latest 1.0.0.438, and HoloLens2 app to 313.2212.21002.0 and try to help verify if this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you notice the same.

• RS-05071740-0 Profile Picture
    RS-05071740-0 165 on at

I experienced a similar issue of the HoloLens2 mic. having low input volume during a Remote Assist call.

We could barely hear the person and we checked all of the settings to verify that user had not adjusted the App volume levels and reset them. The voice commands were also not responding on the HoloLens 2("Go to start" did not work). We tried rebooting the device and tried calling a different HoloLens2 at a separate facility, but the same issue happened with both HoloLens2 devices. However, there was a bluetooth headset connected to the Teams client of these calls.

What seemed to fix the mic volume level was having a third party join the call with an Android device signed into Teams.  
    Shortly after third person joined, the HoloLens2 microphone volume normalized and both parties could hear the HL2 microphone. 

• SadaH Profile Picture
    SadaH 10 on at

I have the same issue - did Microsoft resolve this yet? And its only with Remote Assist - it works well with other Applications.

• smormad Profile Picture
    smormad 15 on at

I had the same problem with my ASMR microphone. No matter what I did, nothing helped. I don't know what it was, but the microphone only lasted half a year. This microphone deteriorated too quickly. I had no choice but to buy a new one because the work does not wait. I needed to keep recording my ASMR videos. Then I decided to buy the best microphone so there would be no such problems again. I chose the best microphone thanks to a review at asmrmicrophones.com. This review helped me understand which microphones are generally not worth spending money on.

• Suggested answer
    Caleb G Profile Picture
    Caleb G 7 on at

Update: Issued a ticket to Microsoft Support,  Microsoft reproduced the issue and acknowledge that it is a trending issue. Will roll out software update and release sometime in mid/late summer 2022.

• Caleb G Profile Picture
    Caleb G 7 on at

Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding. I have submitted through the Remote Assist "Feedback Hub" as well. Was wondering if anyone encounter the same issue as it happened to both of my unit.

Regards,

Caleb

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Caleb G,

You would better raise a ticket to contact Microsoft. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans