Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

Export Dynamics 365 emails out as EML files using Flow/Power Automate

Posted on by 2,066

Hi guys,

Quick question. I've read a article on how to export office 365 Outlook emails and use it to create a EML file in Sharepoint.

www.oneplacesolutions.com/.../save-important-emails-to-sharepoint-with-microsoft-flow.html

Basically it looks like the Flow for Outlook has a Export email action in flow which you can then put the body into the sharepoint file. 

pastedimage1618307074570v1.png

pastedimage1618307137859v2.png

My question is whether it's possible to do the same with a Dynamics 365 Email. Either sent or received.

I've found alot of articles online on moving email attachments but none on how to save the actual email itself.

Kind regards,

Mike

• Suggested answer
    Ian McV Profile Picture
    Ian McV 10 on at
    RE: Export Dynamics 365 emails out as EML files using Flow/Power Automate

Mike,

Not sure if you have ever found a solution for this one, but I have the same requirement today and put the following solution in place.  It is working for me (so far).  Thought you may be interested.

1. Set a string variable and format the Date Sent (I just used the Created On field as Sent Date doesn't always appear to be updated).

formatDateTime(outputs('Get_a_row_by_ID')?['body/createdon'],'ddd dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm')

2. Use the Compose action to re-create the email body (refer to the screen shot below for detail)

3. Create your new .eml file using the Output from the Compose action.  I used the Create OneDrive file for testing.

You should then be able to open the eml file using Mail or Outlook.  I am not needing the attachments as I am storing these separately, but if you do you may need do a little more investigating.

Screenshot-2022_2D00_05_2D00_25-185419.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,642 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,485 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans