Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Create vendor in BC using ODATA service

Posted on by 52
Hello,

I am trying to create a vendor using ODATA vendor service, but I am getting an error message as 'The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.'.

Please help me to find the issue in request.

Below is the ODATA vendors service URL

{"No":"V00340","Name":"Fabrikam, Inc.Test","Name_2":null,"Responsibility_Center":null,"Location_Code":null,"Post_Code":"31772","Country_Region_Code":"US","Phone_No":"4255550101","Fax_No":null,"IC_Partner_Code":null,"Contact":null,"Purchaser_Code":null,"Vendor_Posting_Group":"GENERAL","Allow_Multiple_Posting_Groups":false,"Gen_Bus_Posting_Group":"GENERAL","VAT_Bus_Posting_Group":null,"Payment_Terms_Code":null,"Fin_Charge_Terms_Code":null,"Currency_Code":null,"Language_Code":null,"Search_Name":null,"Blocked":null,"Privacy_Blocked":false,"Last_Date_Modified":"0001-01-01T00:00:00","Application_Method":null,"Location_Code2":null,"Shipment_Method_Code":null,"Lead_Time_Calculation":null,"Base_Calendar_Code":null,"Balance_LCY":0.0,"Balance_Due_LCY":0.0,"Payments_LCY":0.0,"Coupled_to_CRM":false,"Coupled_to_Dataverse":false,"Global_Dimension_1_Filter":null,"Global_Dimension_2_Filter":null,"Currency_Filter":null,"Date_Filter":null}
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,639 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Or you can directly create a new API page, the performance will be much better than Odata.
    More details:
    Dynamics 365 Business Central: Can we extend standard APIs? – Download Standard Source Code for APIs

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    ZHU
  • Suggested answer
    Sami Ullah Profile Picture
    Sami Ullah 233 on at

Hi,

I noticed that your current implementation includes several fields that do not exist in the Vendor Card Page (ID: 26). I recommend reducing the payload by removing these unnecessary fields.

Payload Example:

If you require additional fields that are not available on this page, it would be better to create a new page with the specific fields you need. 

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates