Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Export EFT files error

Posted on by 348

The "Use for Electronic Payments check box" must be selected on the vendor or customer bank account card. This is the error i get in the fact box while trying to export a Payment Journal for a vendor.

I followed Chris Bulson's article from April 28th, 2017. (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dyn365finsupport/2017/04/28/using-eft-in-dynamics-365-for-financials/)

I didn't set up the Bank Data Conversion Service, since I didn't think a monthly subscription in Euros would solve my US banking. Chris' article said it wasn't necessary.

I did check the "Use for Electronic Payments" check box on the Vendor Banking Screen, so i don't understand why that is the error i get.

Step 6 in the documentation from April 26th, 2018, says,

"In the Payment Journal window, choose the Generate EFT File action.

In the Generate EFT File window, all payments set up for EFT that you have exported from the payment journal for a specified bank account but not yet generated are listed on the Lines Fast Tab. Choose the Generate EFT File action to export one file for all the EFT payments."

However, their is no option on the menu ribbon for "Generate EFT File" Action. On the Home tab, there is an "Export" option, which says it will export a file with payments. However, I get the error  "Use for Electronic Payments check box must be selected on the vendor or customer bank account card".

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Steve Simon

PDG Consultants, Inc.

• Steve Simon Profile Picture
    Steve Simon 348 on at
    RE: Export EFT files error

Did you go to the Vendor Bank Account Card and check the box, "Use for Electronic Payments"?

Did you do it for all the vendors in the batch?

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

The "Use for Electronic Payments check box" must be selected on the vendor or customer bank account card. This is the error i get in the fact box while trying to export a Payment Journal for a vendor. Choose the Generate EFT File action to export one file for all the EFT payments."

Steve Simon 348 on at

Just make sure to follow Chris Bulson's article, referenced above.

• BillDoors Profile Picture
    BillDoors 457 on at

Hi, I'm getting the same error message:

"The EFT export code entered on the bank account does not work with the export format entered on the bank account."

I made sure the column "DATA EXCH. DEF CODE" was populated hoping to get it fixed as mentioned but I still get the error.

Any idea??

• Suggested answer
    Steve Simon Profile Picture
    Steve Simon 348 on at

I finally answered my own question. I had neglected to follow Chris Bulson's example completely for Bank Export/Import Setup. Scrolling to the far right there is a column entitled "DATA EXCH. DEF CODE". I had (stupidly) left that column blank, when it should have said "US EFT CCD", the same value as the CODE column. Once that was filled in, generating EFT files worked perfectly.

Steve Simon

PDG Consultants, Inc.

Steve Simon 348 on at

In November I tried to use the App from AMC. Turns out it didn't work for BC, only Nav. I just communicated with their sales manager, Neil Husain, yesterday. Their app is still not ready for the US/BC market. He does state that you should be able to get the standard functionality to work if you register.  I had registered, but found problems there as well.

So here is Neil's reply to me. Email or call him. I think he is based in US.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 1:08 PM

To: Steve Simon <ssimon@prettydarngood.com>

Subject: RE: Thank you for registering for AMC Banking

Hi Simon

Thank you for following up. The good news is that our AMC Bank Data Conversion service is available within Business Central. Simple type “Bank Data Conversion Service”  in the search bar and register. This will give you access to our service and all the bank formats we have already developed and made public.

For BC, however,  we only have the standard Bank Data Conversions Service that is already inside BC (NO matter which BC version). This does NOT include any of our AddOn’s or App’s. It is STANDARD inside BC, you can make payments and import Bank Statement BUT with the inconsistency that standard has. That is why we have done our localization packages, which are not yet available.

Today, for BC Version 12 or later, we do have an ONLINE Bank statement import (Screen Scrape) but ONLY for UK and DK.

FUTURE RELEASE :

From BC Version 14 or later, we will have 2 APPS:

AMC Bank 365 Small Business – Can make payments, import Bank Statement, import Credit Advice (CREMUL)

AMC Bank 365 Host2Host - Does the same as 1. But ONLINE, not files involved if the BANK supports it.

So the answer is YES, you can use the standard Bank Data Conversion Service as is, until we release our APPS for BC and they, Microsoft upgrades to latest BC version (probably Spring version –of course right now Version 14 is a PRERELEASE Not a public one).

I think Microsoft automatically update/upgrade users BC in the Cloud, but I can’t be 100% sure.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards

Neil Husain

Regional Manager

267-206-4441

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Steve,

I am running into exactly the same error message: The EFT export code entered on the bank account does not work with the export format entered on the bank account.

Any luck finding a solution to this issue?

Thanks,

PJK

Steve Simon 348 on at

Joel,

I tried the settings you recommended in answer to this original post, but still get an error, though a different one. It refers to "EFT export code" entered on the bank account. Can't find that field on the Bank Card, neither on the Personalize option. Would you describe your successful setups again? I thought I followed them exactly. Of course this is now November, while you last replied in June. Hence the October release may be different.

Regards,eft_5F00_export01.PNG

Steve Simon

Steve Simon 348 on at

Hi Theresa,

I hate to bother you after all these months, but am running into trouble with an EFT Export File.

I finally re-started this task with a clean bank account (no currency specified) and no history of transactions. I almost got to the finish line this time. I exported the Payment Journal and have the payment line ready to Generate an EFT File. But I get an error: "The EFT export code entered on the bank account does not work with the export format entered on the bank account.".  I followed Chris Bulson's article from April 2018. Am attaching screen shots in an email to you.

Sincerely,

Steve Simon

PDG

• Suggested answer
    Steve Simon Profile Picture
    Steve Simon 348 on at

Thanks, Joel. I'll try this recommendation.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates