Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Seeking Guidance and S...
Finance forum
Answered

Seeking Guidance and Support for Transitioning Back to D365 Functional Consultant Role

Posted on by 21

Dear Esteemed Community Members,

I come seeking guidance and support as I navigate a pivotal juncture in my career journey. Having dedicated myself to Ax 2012 and d365 from 2018 to 2020, I encountered a setback during the COVID-19 pandemic, facing a layoff that led me to explore opportunities in data management. While this detour provided valuable experience, my heart remains set on returning to my passion as a D365 Functional Consultant.

Over the past three months, I have diligently immersed myself in studying and honing my skills to re-enter the realm of D365 Functional Consulting. Despite my efforts, I have encountered challenges in securing a role, facing setbacks in four interview attempts. Thus, I turn to this esteemed community, humbly seeking your wisdom and guidance.

Could you kindly share insights, strategies, or tips drawn from your rich experiences that could help me navigate this transition successfully? Any additional assistance or guidance you can offer would be immensely appreciated as I strive to re-establish myself in the D365 Functional Consultant role.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I eagerly await your valuable advice and support.

Warm regards,

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Seeking Guidance and Support for Transitioning Back to D365 Functional Consultant Role
    Hi,
    As Martin said, you've posted a related question in the forum before and got a lot of responses. If you still want to know more and are seeking certification as a functional consultant regarding FO, you can check out the links below to guide you:
    What is a functional consultant in Dynamics 365? - Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn
    Available certifications for different roles in Dynamics 365 - Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User on at

(Moved from Dynamics AX forum.)

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans