Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

Payroll Quarter End Reports are wrong after incomplete posting.

Posted on by 75,730

Client had trouble posting a payroll batch a few weeks ago and tried voiding payroll checks several times. When they print the quarter end reports for Jul/Aug/Sept the taxable wages are now lower than the wages, tips and other compensation. Check links found nothing and payroll reconcile had four pages of reduction of wages. When I look in the UPR30300 table I can see duplicate checks from this one batch. Sometimes the void is right next to it and sometimes it is missing. All transactions are in one audit trail code. Does the quarter end report use any other table besides the UPR30300? I am going to try some back end corrections in Test once I can figure out exactly what went wrong.

• Suggested answer
    Hokuminaria Profile Picture
    Hokuminaria 2,950 on at
    RE: Payroll Quarter End Reports are wrong after incomplete posting.

Hello Richard,

When you have an interruption with a Payroll Batch, the associated records need to be removed. Voiding a damaged pay run will only cause further issues.

The tables you want to look at are:

1. UPR30100
    2. UPR30200
    3. UPR30300
    4. UPR30400
    5. UPR30401.

You also want to clear the work tables of any stuck records. These tables are:

1. UPR10300
    2. UPR10304
    3. UPR10200
    4. UPR10201
    5. UPR10202
    6. UPR10203
    7. UPR10204
    8. UPR10205
    9. UPR10206
    10. UPR10207
    11. UPR10208
    12. UPR10209
    13. UPR10213
    14. UPR10301
    15. UPR19900
    16. UPR19901

The article below provides more information on the work tables that need to be cleared and how to recreate batches that were saved after clearing the work tables.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/851664/error-message-when-you-select-a-batch-in-the-build-payroll-checks-wind

Once those are cleared out, you want to delete the Summary (UPR30301) for the year as Reconcile will not overwrite the data unless it is deleted first.

We have specific steps for a Payroll Interruption that can be provided if you would like to create a support request and let us review the data for the bad pay run.

You will likely need to do this for both the Void and Pay Run that has the issue based on the information provided in the forum.

I hope this helps!

Microsoft Support Engineer | Brandon Jarrett.

• Robert Yao Profile Picture
    Robert Yao 492 on at

Hi Richard,

It looked to me you are missing records in UPR30300 that is why reconcile could not fix in UPR30301. Have you got a chance to look UPR00900 through UPR00903 & UPR30200 tax tables? You may need to adjust UPR30200 as well. It could be too late to fix as they should fix the problem before they ran another payroll. The 941 quarter end report is using a temp table and hard coded from the tables not listed in the report. I suggest you to open a case with Microsoft support.

Good Luck,

Rob

• Richard Wheeler Profile Picture
    Richard Wheeler 75,730 on at

Rob, the problem I have is the summary tables are incorrect and running payroll reconcile is not correcting them. The problem I have now is the taxable social security and medicare wages are less than the value for wages, tips and other compensation. Now it is possible that this difference is being caused by something else. I suppose I could manually compare the transactions in the UPR30300 versus the summaries in UPR30301 but that is what reconcile does. So if UPR30301 is wrong then there must be transactions that are wrong or missing in the UPR30300.

Robert Yao 492 on at

Hi Richard,

Try run the payroll check links first to select Payroll Transaction History, if it did not fix your problem. You may need to look the following two articles:

1). support.microsoft.com/.../correcting-differences-between-federal-wages-in-form-941-and-in-the-pa

2). support.microsoft.com/.../incorrect-calculations-on-the-payroll-941-quarterly-summary-report-in

If you went through those two articles and still having problem, I suggest you to open a case with Microsoft support.

Good luck,

Rob

Addendum: Wages, tips and compensation is higher than Taxable social security wages.

All previous quarter end reports have Taxable social security wages higher than Wages, tips and compensation.

Bob, I have removed all those records with a blank cheknmbr. The problem remaining is the wages, tips and other compensation amount is higher than the taxable wages amount on the quarter end report.. Do you know which columns are used out of the UPR30300 TABLE?

Robert Yao 492 on at

Hi Richard,

I ran into a customer had exactly problem you described here. Here are some steps that I tried to fix the problem:

a). Check UPR30100 to remove all the dups

b). Check UPR30300 to remove all the dups

c). Run the reconcile  to update UPR30301

d). Run the Quarter end (it uses uprCrossCompanySummRptsTemp table I think it collects data from UPR30301)

e). If they are using CM, you need to remove the dup in CM20200 as well, before you remove those records, you need to get the sum of those records

f).  You need to adjust the check book with the amount you got from step e in Cash Account Balance CM00100.

g). Run the check links on CM Transaction

h). Check reconcile bank statement for the check to make sure there is no dup

I hope above steps will get your issue resolved & good luck.

Rob

I noticed that this occurred on 08/20/2020. Looking in the UPR30300 there are entries in a separate audit trail code and on every record the cheknmbr is blank. If I scan the UPR30300 table it finds 109 records with a blank cheknmbr and they are all dated 08/20/2020. I am going to delete them and see what is the impact on the quarter end report.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans