Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Unanswered

Published Web Service (Sales Order - Page 42) not showing in Power BI

Posted on by 63
Hello,

I have a number of reports that use the Sales Order page (42 in our System) from Business Central. Recently, this table broke in all reports that reference it. I checked the Web Services and the Sales Order page was set up just the same as before. I tried creating a new instance to connect to but it was not showing up when I "Get Data" in PBI. I tried creating new pages and queries using other IDs and they all worked immediately. I then tried creating one using the Sales Orders page ID, verified that it was available when getting data, and then tried switching the Page ID to 42 and it disappeared.. I regularly work in Power BI and have never run into this issue before. If anyone has any ideas what may be going on, all information is welcomed and helpful. 

I tried using the Standard API 2.0 "salesOrders" and though this could work, it does not contain all of the fields required for some of the reports that reference this table. 

P.S. We have not had any customizations made to our Sales Orders table or page in BC recently. We do have customizations but I have been working with this table in reports since then and run into no problems. 

If I can provide any additional information to help you with your answer, please let me know. 

Also, if this is not the correct place for this question, let me know and I will post it in the appropriate forum. It does not appear to be an issue on Power BIs end which is why I posted here instead of the Fabric Community Forum. 
  • Netjacker2097 Profile Picture
    Netjacker2097 184 on at
    Hi Flynn, (always like that name from Tron)

I can assume that your pasting the web service URL onto the Odata selection, your published URL should look something like this: https://api.businesscentral.dynamics.com/v2.0/thg52456429-6b90-4669-94a6-f5465435435bfe/TEST/ODataV4/Company('TESTCOMP')/Sales Order 

I normally paste in only the https://api.businesscentral.dynamics.com/v2.0/thg52456429-6b90-4669-94a6-f5465435435bfe/TEST/ODataV4/Company('TESTCOMP')/  without the actual published name then it will bring you to the source list. all you have to do is on the tab above, select Home and then you will see refresh. Once refresh, you will see your published page on the List to slect from and next time round your full path of the URL will also work.

hope this helps.
    M

• Steven Renders Profile Picture
    Steven Renders 5,019 Super User on at
    Please do not use pages published as web services for Power BI. They are slow and sometimes do not work.
    The best is to create your own API Queries and consume them in Power BI.

Want to learn more about that, then look here:
  • YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 64,563 Super User on at
    Very strange problem, I just did a quick test. It doesn't look like there's a problem.
    Web service:
    Power BI:

Hope this can give you some hints.
    Thanks.
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans