Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Account segments showing up as blank for all segments except segment 1 for all companies after update to 18.2

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 10

I updated from GP 2013 R2 to GP 18.2. When I log into any company and print my trial balance, all segments are blank except for segment 1. This is happening on any report writer report that has an account number. The account number shows up in full in SmartList and I can see the full account number in all the GL Master tables (GL00100/GL00105). It's happening on reports that do run off a temp table and ones that don't run off a temp table. I tried reconciling; check links on the entire financial series and check links on system. Please advise on how I can resolve this.

pastedimage1585349016365v2.png

Thanks, Diane

• Cade Foster Profile Picture
    Cade Foster 30 on at
    RE: Account segments showing up as blank for all segments except segment 1 for all companies after update to 18.2

In my case the custom forms.dic was the source of the problem. what's odd is there wasn't a customization in the form. I tried to see if synchronizing the framework would rectify the issue, but uh, no.

the client is on 18.2 as well.

• Lucas Reuss Profile Picture
    Lucas Reuss on at
    RE: Account segments showing up as blank for all segments except segment 1 for all companies after update to 18.2

Hello Diane,

I've heard of a few customers having issues like this after the update, but rebuilding the REPORTS.DIC file being used has normally resolved this.  

If each workstation has their own local REPORTS.DIC file, you will need to perform this at each workstation.  You can find the path to the REPORTS.DIC file by opening the DYNAMICS.SET file in the GP program folder, normally found at the following location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018

Once opened, find the first lines in the file that have a file path in it, below the list of products installed for GP.  It should look like the following if it is a local REPORTS.DIC file.

:C:Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/Dynamics.dic

:C:Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/Data/FORMS.DIC

:C:Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/Data/REPORTS.DIC

If it is local or shared, browse out to the location of the file and use steps in the KB article below to recreate the REPORTS.DIC.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/850465/how-to-re-create-the-reports-dic-file-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp

Once recreated, please check to see if the issue continues. 

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Quick Links

What Motivates a Super User?

We know many of you visit the Dynamics 365 Community and Power Platform…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,068 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,591 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans