Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Creating assembly orders in bulk? Is it possible

Posted on by 3
Hi,

We have a work process that once every few weeks we have to create approx. 100 assembly orders to stock and i was wondering if there is a way of creating these in bulk without having to creat every one by one?

I have a list in excel of every item and how many i need.
  • Ben Baxter Profile Picture
    Ben Baxter 4,263 Super User on at
    Jesper,
    Unfortunately, troubleshooting a data issue is hard on the forums.  I would encourage you to reach out to your support partner who should be able to help troubleshoot why the data isn't moving to the Assembly Order properly.

Best Regards,
    Ben Baxter
  • JS-19060842-0 Profile Picture
    JS-19060842-0 3 on at
    I have been playing around in our sandbox environment for some time now testing different settings.

I started with the Planning Worksheet and is trying to do it the manual way and i get everything i want except the most important thing.
    When I carry out the plan it creates all the assembly orders as I want complete with the correct data but it is empty of items, it dont put its BOM under it.

I have looked and looked and tried different settings but it wont add the BOM to the assembly order.

Edit:
    When I create the assembly orders from planning worksheet it adds the resource lines but not any items from the BOM

What am I missing?
  • Suggested answer
    Ben Baxter Profile Picture
    Ben Baxter 4,263 Super User on at
    You can use the Planning Worksheet to create multiple Assembly Orders at a time, either manually keying the rows in, importing your Excel via Config Package, or using the Planning Calculation.

Since you are doing it for Stock, you could look into using the "Fixed Reorder" or "Max. Inventory" Reordering Policies and having the system suggest the Assembly Orders based on your stock levels and future requirements.

I would always recommend you learn and test in a Sandbox environment before using the capability in your Production environment.

Here are two more that would also apply:

Best Regards,
    Ben Baxter
    Accent Software Inc

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans