Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Suggested answer

Use a customer journey to build a segment from form interaction?

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi

I would like to build a dynamic segment from user interaction with a check-box form field in a 365M form. Is this possible to perform in a customer journey?

If the contact sends the form with the check-box unchecked, he/she should be put on the dynamic segment A. If the contact sends the form with the check-box checked, he/she should be put on dynamic segment B.

/Axel

• xhj45 Profile Picture
    xhj45 129 on at
    Use a customer journey to build a segment from form interaction?
    Hi @Nya,

After having tried your method, we found that we were not able to create the segment using SubmittedValues field, some of the keywords do not work :  

Any idea?
    Thank you in advance for your help!
  • LaurenW Profile Picture
    LaurenW 10 on at
    RE: Use a customer journey to build a segment from form interaction?

Hi,

In case you haven't resolved this yet, here's what worked for me.

Since Contacts are added to a Subscription list if the check the field on the form, I would reference the Subscription list in the Segment A query.

For segment B (unchecked submissions), I would create a query that includes all form submission but excludes all members of Segment A.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi

Unfortunately the form I want to grab the form interaction from is of the type "Subscription center". And the specific form field I want to use as trigger is not an ordinary check-box field, but a subscription list representation form field. According to the input shown for the subscription center form in MS Dynamics "Forms of type 'Subscription center' do not create submissions". I guess this is the reason why your suggested method doesn't work when I tested it in a subscription center form...

Any idea about how to build a dynamic segment from interaction with a subscription list representation form field in a subscription center form?

/Axel

• Suggested answer
    Nya Profile Picture
    Nya 29,050 on at

Hi Axel,

Do you mean that you'd like to filter out the contacts based on the submission values?

If yes, you can follow the next steps.

For example, there is a check box field in Contact entity named as Checkbox.

The value for the label "Yes" is 1 and for the label "No" is 0.

pastedimage1638435018260v1.png

Then if the field is mapped into a marketing form, the submission value will be something like:

pastedimage1638435278554v2.png

The segment can set as the following way.

pastedimage1638435443565v4.png

The contacts submitted the form with the checkbox ticked can be filtered out.

pastedimage1638435472392v5.png

In the same way, the unticking ones can be filtered out with the expression: SubmittedValues Does not contain "Checkbox: true".

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans