Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Expense Management Wor...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Expense Management Workspace: Receipt capture URL

Posted on by 193

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with the expense management workspace when trying to use the automatic receipt capture.

I'm getting the errors:

"System failed to generate token based on certificate from local store". This occurs when I try set-up the batch job under expense management parameters -> Automatic receipt capture

Also When I try to process a receipt I get the above error and also "Cognitive service url is missing in the expense parameters"

Where can I find the cognitive services url?

Response is very much appreciated

Thanks

James

• Kerry Evans Profile Picture
    Kerry Evans 165 on at
    RE: Expense Management Workspace: Receipt capture URL

Regarding the error message "System failed to generate token based on certificate from local store," it usually occurs when there is an issue with the certificate configuration. I recommend checking the following:

1. Ensure that the certificate is properly installed and configured on the server where the expense management workspace is running.
    2. Verify that the certificate has the necessary permissions and is valid.
    3. Double-check the certificate configuration settings in the expense management parameters to ensure they are correctly specified.

Regarding the error message "Cognitive service URL is missing in the expense parameters," the cognitive service URL is required for the automatic receipt capture feature to work. To find the cognitive services URL, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the expense management parameters.
    2. Look for the section related to cognitive services or automatic receipt capture.
    3. Within that section, there should be a field labeled "Cognitive service URL" or something similar. This field should contain the URL you need.
    4. If the field is empty, you may need to obtain the cognitive service URL from your system administrator or IT department. They should be able to provide you with the correct URL.

If you are unable to locate the cognitive service URL or require further assistance, I recommend reaching out to your system administrator or contacting the support team for your expense management software.

I hope this information helps you resolve the issue. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

• Charlotte X Profile Picture
    Charlotte X on at

Hi James,

Is your issue solved?

• Suggested answer
    Charlotte X Profile Picture
    Charlotte X on at

Hi James,

There is a section in Expense management parameters (Expense management > Setup > General > Expense management parameters) called Automatic receipt capture. This is where you need to provide a URL in the Receipt capture URL field. This will contain the URL for the Azure Cognitive Service that will be used to "read" the receipts you upload into D365FO.

Please refer to this article:

D365FandO(m): OCR in Expense Management (d365fandom.com)

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,549 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans