Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Line discount group on sales order header

Posted on by 2,720

Hi

On sales order header, I see there is a field called "line discount group" My question is, does this field override the price/discount assigned to the items in the sales order lines?

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    AX1 Profile Picture
    AX1 520 on at
    RE: Line discount group on sales order header

Hi,

Its totally up to the user whether he want to do override line discount or not based on Header price / discount group. System always ask by open a below message box so it is doable by both way.

Discount.png

Regards

Sanjay Gupta

• Verified answer
    Rahul Shah Profile Picture
    Rahul Shah 2,692 on at

Ideally order header properties gets overridden at line level. You really need to test but i believe if there are two different discount are being offered then both the discount - line level and order level discount will be considered.

• Verified answer
    GuyUK Profile Picture
    GuyUK 28,340 on at

Hi fgil12,

You can create price / discount agreement lines where the 'Account code' is set to 'Group'.

If you set the same group on the order header (or on the customer, so that it defaults on to the order header) the order can use the prices or discounts in that group.

If you've already (manually) entered a price or discount on an order, and you then set a group on the header, I expect Trade Agreement Evaluation functionality will kick in, and ask you what you want to do with the manually entered prices. Sorry, not near AX right now so can't test.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Can you answer this forum question?

You could make someone's day!

Community Newsletter - May 2024

Kudos to our community stars!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 283,632 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture