Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Project Operations forum
Suggested answer

TimeSheet Standard Workflow change

Posted on by 196

Hello,

I have requirement of Change in standard Approval Workflow for the TimeSheet entries approval.

Currently system send an approval request to the Project manager by which is attached to Project and if user is doing Entry without Project Reporting manager will get the Approval Request.

In my scenario i have requirement of sending approval request to some other positions which will be attached to the Project for Example (Support Manager) which is custom fields.

To achieve this i have created MS flow to reassign the Approval Request to the support Manager which is initially generated for the Project Manager of the project but unable to achieve the result.

Again i have created plugin and tried to approve approval request with the context of othe user but in that case after approving the entry on Project level Approval data is not getting isnerted.

How can i acheive this requirement is it feasible to implement?

Regards,

Taral Shah

• Suggested answer
    Matthew Lazowski Profile Picture
    Matthew Lazowski 3,163 on at
    RE: TimeSheet Standard Workflow change

Automate creation of Project Team Member records for your approvers' resources based on lookup fields on Project.

• DHooreT Profile Picture
    DHooreT 10 on at
    RE: TimeSheet Standard Workflow change

Hi Taral,

You should be able to get the desired result by making use of the 'Project Approver' field on the Project Team Member records. By making the team member an approver, they should be able to approve time entries and expenses on the project.

Link to the documentation: docs.microsoft.com/.../project-team-members-overview

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Thomas

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans