Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Answered

Updating Contact Record if Hard Bounce

Posted on by 57

Hello. I'm working on a new Customer Journey, and I'd like to build in some triggers. The most important one is setting the contact record to "Do No Bulk Email" if I get a hard bounce. This is the current journey template:

pastedimage1586928049310v3.png

As you can see, I have a trigger for "Did email Bounce?". I have setup many Workflows that have been triggered by cases, but how would I go about setting up the workflow to properly update the contact record? And if using Flows instead of a traditional workflow, what does that look like? 

Help would be appreciated! 

Brandon

• Verified answer
    cloflyMao Profile Picture
    cloflyMao 25,194 on at
    RE: Updating Contact Record if Hard Bounce

Hi Brandon,

1. Your workflow should looks like below:

pastedimage1586929820406v1.png

System will find contact who has hard bounce interaction automatically from context.

2. If you want to use flow, you should integrate it with an entity called "Custom Channel Activity",

in short, the process could be below:

create a custom channel tile with tutorial from doc ->

when trigger in customer journey is executed, a custom channel activity record will be created, it has a link to the contact that triggered it ->

create a flow, it triggers on creation of Custom Channel Activity, and we can find the link to contact from its field and update corresponding contact record with this value.

Here are two articles which could help you to understand how it works:

https://community.dynamics.com/365/marketing/b/dynamics-365-for-marketing-community-blogs/posts/custom-touch-point-custom-tile-in-customer-journey-in-less-than-10-minutes

https://community.dynamics.com/365/marketing/b/dynamics-365-for-marketing-community-blogs/posts/firetext-sms-

Regards,

Clofly

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans