Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

Management Reporter Backup for Reports and Folders

Posted on by 55

Doing an Export in Management Reporter will not export te folders only the Reports. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Let me know

Thanks

Categories:
  • Lisa at AonC.com Profile Picture
    Lisa at AonC.com 3,023 on at
    RE: Management Reporter Backup for Reports and Folders

I don't know where the tables may be actually documented, but the table names are usually descriptive enough (and accurate) that I can quickly find what I am looking for. 

• Brig214 Profile Picture
    Brig214 55 on at

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your reply, this was very helpful. Is there some documentation on the content of all the MR tables.

Let me know

• Verified answer
    Lisa at AonC.com Profile Picture
    Lisa at AonC.com 3,023 on at

If you are comfortable with SQL and have access to the ManagementReporter database, I can give you a hint on this with the latest releases of MR:

-You need to insert the folder information from the original ManagementReporter.reporting.ControlFolder table.

-The reports are assigned to the folder in the reporting.ControlReport table.  The folder is stored in the FolderID column.  (I was able to do this with UPDATE scripts where I read in the data form the original ManagementReporter database.)

[I have only had to complete this process once for a client so I am not comfortable releasing any actual scripts.  It was very fast and easy to do once I found the data.  ]

Once I got the folders inserted and the reports updated to the FolderID, I confirmed I could see them properly represented in Report Designer.

[If you don't have the original ManagementReporter database, you could create the missing folders and then update the FolderID based on the newly created folders you see in the ManagementReporter.reporting.ControlFolder table.]

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans