Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Bank and Ledger reconciliation report

Posted on by 3,937

Hi all

While generating the Bank/Ledger reconciliation report, i am getting the difference:

3175.111.jpg

I compare the ledger transaction list report with the bank statement, it is matching, and bank statement with the trail balance it is matching. And the amount mention in the report  under bank balance, i haven't found this amount. Please advise how i can reconcile and find out the mismatch amount.

Thanks in advance.

• Irene Crooke Profile Picture
    Irene Crooke 5 on at
    RE: Bank and Ledger reconciliation report

This seems to be an old issue that is still occurring with the Bank and Ledger Reconciliation report.  I have 3 Entities that all have errors in the data provided in the Report, however the Ledgers do balance!    The issue seems to be when a Deposit slip function is generated within the single journal and the Bank Transactions lines are rolling up incorrectly and then reflected in this report.

I believe that this is an error and would like to know how many other organisation are experiencing a problem with this report.  Or is this report not used?

We are now on D365 V10.0.26.  Any information gratefully accepted.

• axapta thailand Profile Picture
    axapta thailand 245 on at

i have same with your problem , bank \ ledger reconciliation report is diff and double amount , do you have any update for solve this problem ?

• imran ul haq Profile Picture
    imran ul haq 3,937 on at

ok, i will check with the technical guy.

And thank you very much for your usual support really appreciated.

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Hello Imran,

All what you have posted looks good to me. The transaction origin report shows the same data that are posted in your journal; only the bank reconciliation report looks strange as it doubles amounts in the bank balance column. I think we reached a point where you need to get a developer involved who takes a look at the bank reconciliation report as there seems to be something wrong with this report and the data it retrieves for your bank balances.

Best regards,

Ludwig

imran ul haq 3,937 on at

Hi Ludwig, here is the journal

1212.jpg

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture

Hello Imran,

If you compare the voucher with the reconciliation report shown above something looks strange. Can you open the journal in which the voucher "20-BJ15...34" was recorded and post it here?

Ludwig

imran ul haq 3,937 on at

I generate the transaction origin report and this voucher entry is showing two time.

1111.jpg

I think this is the problem, can u suggest me how to fix this issue

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture

Hello Imran,

The reconciliation report actually only compares transactions that are recorded on your bank accounts with those that have been posted on the main accounts that are linked to your bank accounts in the currency management tab of the bank accounts form.

If nobody posted something manually on the main accounts linked to your banks no difference should arise.

Yet, there can be many reasons why differences arise e.g. if the main accounts setup for your bank accounts are changed later on or if a currency revaluation is run for the main accounts linked to your bank accounts. Probably have a look at the transaction origin of the voucher indicated above to find out more details.

If nothing helps, try running the GL Transaction origin reconciliation Report (GL-Reports-Reconciliation-Specification-Transaction origin). Select ledger and bank as Transactions and check what caused the variance.

Hope it helps,

Ludwig

imran ul haq 3,937 on at

Yes i generate the bank statement report as per the closing date and match the closing balance of the ledger account mapped with the bank, and both the values are coming fine.

Then i reconcile the bank statement report with the GL account transaction list by using the vlookup, all the voucher which are posted from the modules are present in both the report no more or less.

If i will just see these two report it is matching but when i generate the reconciliation report from the GL, i am not understanding why it is showing this difference or may be i am not understanding the report.

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture

Hello Imran,

Have you also tried running the bank statement report (cash and bank banagement - reports - transactions - bank statement? This report should give you the balance as of the closing date you specify?

Yet, as you have already the bank reconciliation report available, I would recommend investigating the voucher that is shown in your report above. Simply open the voucher by clicking the voucher link and then check what happened and caused the difference between bank and GL.

All the best,

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Can you answer this forum question?

You could make someone's day!

Community Newsletter - May 2024

Kudos to our community stars!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture