Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Mass email customer statements

Posted on by 290
Hey Everyone:

Sorry for asking something so (seemingly) inane, but I've been searching the 'net for this and I can't find it.  How do I send all customers their statements through email WITHOUT having to hit /send/, /send/, /send/ on a million emails?  And I do NOT want instructions on how to send an individual one.  That's easy...  I'm looking for mass sending.  How does this work in Business Central?  I'm flummoxed, because the only thing I can find is the /customer statements/ report, but it doesn't seem to actually email.

Can someone help?

Thanks.
-J

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    KasparsSemjonovs Profile Picture
    KasparsSemjonovs 3,747 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    I'm not sure regarding this, so maybe a developer can re-check the code what setup is taken in the process...

but You can check/test these 2 things:
    1) In Report Selection - Sales, check that for Customer Statement You have a layout being used for E-mail body (attachment is optional)

2) in customer card there is a field in General tab - Document Sending Profile. Crete one that has E-mail yes, and make this a default one. If it works, You can then update all customer cards with the default profile or create them as needed.

Interesting that You got a PDF with all the customer information. If You select just Print to PDF, it creates separate files for each customer in the specified folder.

• Brett F Profile Picture
    Brett F 173 on at
    Do you have this Print Although Email is Missing on?

Do you have the Send To Email filled out in Document Layouts for each customer?

• James McCullough Profile Picture
    James McCullough 290 on at
    Thanks everyone for the response, two things:

1. I do development, so I could write the customization myself.  I just had hard time believing that it would require the customization.
    2. @KasparsSemjonovs: when I run it to email, it gives me a PDF, not the email.  I'm wondering, am I missing a setup step?  A configuration?  Am I just dumb?  Like, I would've thought that running to email would do it, too, and I tried that, but no dice.  It just gave me a really big PDF with everyone's tatement in it...

Thanks!
    -J

• Suggested answer
    KasparsSemjonovs Profile Picture
    KasparsSemjonovs 3,747 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    It is pretty much straight forward - Run the report Customer Statement, enter the needed details of starting/ending date and if needed a filter for some specific group of customers. 
    The main thing here is the Report Output = Email. 
    By hitting OK, the each customer processed will get an e-mail with their statement.

• Suggested answer
    Inge M. Bruvik Profile Picture
    Inge M. Bruvik 32,744 Moderator on at
    I do not think you can achieve this with out doing some customization in AL.
    So if you are not familiar with AL development you should contact your partner and have them assist you with a customization for this.
    It is not a very hard customization to make.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates