Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

how to handle bank to bank transactions in payment reconciliation journal in Business Central.

Posted on by 15

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to understand how to handle bank to bank transactions in payment reconciliation journal in Business Central. System does not allow us select bank account on the balancing side.

Do we need to post manually? If yes, then how would I be able to post reconciliation?

• Suggested answer
    Dallefeld Profile Picture
    Dallefeld 11,423 User Group Leader on at
    RE: how to handle bank to bank transactions in payment reconciliation journal in Business Central.

So it sounds like you are reconciling as you post payments, which is great.

You can however, post payments without reconciling and reconcile in a second step. Since you cannot enter the balance account, a manual entry is your option which will require you to reconcile in another step.

• Suggested answer
    ShailenderParmar Profile Picture
    ShailenderParmar 15 on at
    RE: how to handle bank to bank transactions in payment reconciliation journal in Business Central.

Everyone,

I got my answer by discussing it with two amazing people on Yammer.

https://www.yammer.com/dynamicsnavdev/#/Threads/show?threadId=1857334915784704

Also, thank you Andy for taking time out for my query.

• ShailenderParmar Profile Picture
    ShailenderParmar 15 on at

Hi Andy,

I can post the transaction between two bank accounts with the same currency. But for bank transfer entry between two different bank accounts, one with local currency and another with foreign currency, I am getting below attached error.

Let me know if I am missing anything.pastedimage1659953607712v1.png

• Suggested answer
    Andy Sather Profile Picture
    Andy Sather on at

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?  Also are you getting some sort of error message?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates