Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Answered

Screen 08.260.00 errors out

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 135

We updated from sl 2011 to sl 2015.  The screen Customer Maintenance (08.260.00) was customized in sl 2011.  It did not convert to sl 2015 correctly.  When you open the screen it errors out and closes.  How can I fix the screen when I can't open it?  I can open it in standard level but then I can not customize the screen.  How can I fix the screen?

• BarbaraF Profile Picture
    BarbaraF 135 on at
    RE: Screen 08.260.00 errors out

Yes.  The screen was customized.  Thanks for the answer.  I was able to fix it.

• Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

Please follow the instructions from my previous post and advise if that allows you to open the screen and launch Customize Mode.

• BarbaraF Profile Picture
    BarbaraF 135 on at

I can open the screen in standard mode.  But in standard mode I can not customize the form.  Where would I find any existing  .dh files?  I do see the .dh files in sl\applications\db\dhfiles\app.

I can remove the records in the customvba table then I can open the form but all customizations are gone.

Thanks for the quick response and help.

• Suggested answer
    Ajit Kannan Profile Picture
    Ajit Kannan 1,240 on at

That could be a possibility of 3rd party customization has been involved in this particular screen.

Thanks,

Ajit Kannan S R

• Verified answer
    Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

I am going to guess (not knowing exactly what was customized on that screen) that a .dh file was added in VB referencing a table where the schema was changed from 2011 to 2015.  In the "Select Customization Level" screen, set the correct Level, then check the box to "Exclude Event Code".  That might allow you to open the screen, then remove any existing .dh files, and replace with the current ones from the \SL\Applications\DB\DHFiles\App folder.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans