Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Extra field in DimensionAttributeValueCombination table in AX

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi

Anyone any explain me how the extra flied are showing in DimensionAttributeValueCombination Table browser 

But when we expend the table field only few tables are there 

please any one answer on these its urgent 

thanks in advance

Only few fields are there under the table nodes

But if we open the table browser there are so many fields

Categories:
  • Adolfome9 Profile Picture
    Adolfome9 110 on at
    RE: Extra field in DimensionAttributeValueCombination table in AX

Hi BENBAHO ;

I'm in the same situation, how did you solve you requierement?

Thanks in advance.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Same Problem here I want to use the extra field on My report can anyone tel me how I can get it o r any help to add the dimension field apear in the Table browser. Thanks!

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional on at

They've been added by the table extension I mentioned.

Hi martin u got any idea regarding extra field because i dont have access to the data base to check

but think there many be some Foreign key relation on dimension field so for that reason it may reflecting , I am not sure

pls if u know more on these means help out because i want to make a view by selecting some field form that table

AX development boxes don't use Azure SQL; they have a local SQL Server hosting the AX database. You can easily connect there with SQL Server Management Studio, for example.

Thanks martin for quick reply and keep the good work in help the ax developer's like these.

Then how can you see the database in AX7 ? because your telling that "If you look into database".

• Suggested answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture

I found a few minutes to look at it and realized that my guess was in a completely wrong direction. If you look into database, you'll find all those fields there, DictTable class is also aware of them (it actually says that the table has 131 fields).

I didn't see any table extension adding them, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I've found these fields in DimensionAttributeValueCombination.DIMENSION in MetadataExtensionTable (looking directly into SQL Server).

That's all what I know in this moment. I only assume that it's some kernel-level feature to improve performance of queries to financial dimensions by denormalizing the schema.

My assumption is that if there is a Preview part ref, table browser uses this form part. If you want to see code of the form part, just look into AOT. Nevertheless I don't know how exactly is the new table browser implemented, therefore we'll either investigate it by ourselves (you're welcome to do that, if you're interested), or we'll wait for Microsoft to give us some documentation.

If you want to create a view with these fields, first look if there isn't already anything similar. If not, you can look at code of the DimensionCombinationPreviewPart (and LedgerDimensionPreviewTmp::buildLedgerDimensionPreviewTmp()).

If you don't understand the data model of financial dimensions, you can learn more about it on Dynamics AX GFM Team Blog.

Thanks for Reply martin :)

How the Preview Part Ref property will changes in tables browser i.e means how it will show more fields in table browser ?

Please can you explain me because i want to create a views for that table by selecting some fields based on the fields coming table browser

It seems to me that those extra fields are actually expanded dimensions of the dimension combination. And I think it's done by DimensionCombinationPreviewPart, referenced by the table in Preview Part Ref property.

Regarding those DEL_ fields, this a common pattern for marking fields as "to be deleted", but still allowing people to move their data to other fields. When you're done with data upgrade, you disable their configuration key (SysDeletedObjects60 in this case). They'll be removed completely in a later version.

Because you'll likely aren't doing any data upgrade, you shouldn't ever use these fields and all configuration keys for deleted objects should be disabled.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates