Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Unanswered

Correcting Dimensions in Customer entries

Posted on by 35
Hi !

We have some journal entries posted that had an incorrect Dimension code.  I was able to correct the dimension code using the "correct dimensions" process by going to the General Ledger Entries, using the "find entries" view and then correcting the dimensions.

The problem is that one line of the General Journal used a customer code instead of G/L Code.  The GL details are updated correctly now, but when we go into the customer ledger, we still see the incorrect dimension code for that transaction.  I do not see a "Correct Dimensions" process anywhere in the Customer ledger.

Is there a way to fix the dimension code in the Customer Ledger so that it's in line with what we corrected in the GL details?  Worse case scenario, we'll delete the transaction and re-enter, but it seems like there should be a way to correct the dimension codes in the Customer Ledger as well as the GL Details.

Our version is: US Business Central 24.2
  • YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 64,181 Super User on at
    Hi, As Valentin mentioned, there is no standard function. And Dimension corrections apply only to the G/L entries.

As of now, there is no other way except to customize or use third-party extensions

Hope this helps as well.
    Thanks
    ZHU
  • Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 5,519 Super User on at
    here is a discussion on similar issue for your reference. Hope it would shed some lights.

Jun Wang

• Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 7,264 Super User on at
    There is not way to fix or correct customer subledger dimensions using the out of the box functionality as the Dimensions Correction tool only updates the G/L.

Microsoft is aware of this request and it seems like they are looking to add this functionality in the future - Microsoft Idea (dynamics.com)

For now, as you mentioned you can reverse the transaction and re-post it with the correct dimension. Alternatively, you can also get a developer to fix the posted customer subledger entries. Or you can use this tool and modify the data yourself, but I would add that I would only do this if you're a super user in BC. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans