Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

How to troubleshoot retail server ( real time service ) on Logon

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 250

I'm getting this error in event viewer while trying to activate Modern POS : 

Invoking real-time service method RetailServerStaffLogOn (extension mode: False) failed with exception: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: L'objet de communication System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel ne peut pas être utilisé pour la communication car il est dans l'état Faulted.

And I get this in browser : Microsoft_Dynamics_Commerce_Runtime_AuthenticationFailed

It's as if the user isn't allowed or doesn't, which i'm sure he does because using the same user I open traditional POS.

Categories:
  • Slim Rouissi Profile Picture
    Slim Rouissi 245 on at
    RE: How to troubleshoot retail server ( real time service ) on Logon

Hi Jas1th,

My advice would be to use Fiddler to track what are the requests and responses and error messages. You can also use the event viewer, and activate logging on the Real-Time Service and Commerce Data Exchange and track the error messages there.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

We have the same name as in the certificate and in the real time service profile and we are getting unable to connect to HQ in MPOS while activating device, can anyone help on this??

• AxRetail Profile Picture
    AxRetail 15 on at

Hi Rouissi ,

Thanks for reply.

That didn’t help me, I have Ax on win 7 and separate machine for modern pos, so common name is machine name (with domain details).

Other point is that Real time service is working is fine, I tried from Ax POS to call the same function ( Stafflogon) and it worked fine.

I think the problem is in Retail server.

Regards,

Ganesh

• Verified answer
    Slim Rouissi Profile Picture
    Slim Rouissi 245 on at

Hi, yes i resolved it. Even though I hated this error because it was misleading. 

In fact the problem was in the configuration of the Real Time Service profile, I made a mistake when typing the common name which is not the name of the certificate but the name of server which that certificate is assigned to. ( In AX R2 i used to type the name of the certificate and it worked )

Try to look into it. If you still get that error, enable Retail Sever, Real Time Service, and CRT logging. This is what I did to find out what the real cause of this error was.

Good Luck!

• AxRetail Profile Picture
    AxRetail 15 on at

Hi Rouissi , Have you able to fix the below error as I am getting the same Invoking real-time service method RetailServerStaffLogOn (extension mode: False) failed with exception: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state. Regards, Ganesh

• Rouissi Slim Profile Picture
    Rouissi Slim 250 on at

I'm using AX 2012 R3, I have no way to test ( in earlier versions there was a test button ) but to open the service url https://<servername>:<port>/CDXRealTimeService/Service.svc which apparently works. Do you know another way ?

Thanks

• Verified answer
    Marcos Wolf Profile Picture
    Marcos Wolf 245 on at

Hi,

In Headquarter Test Real Time Service Profile.

Real time service Web Service is working?

Tks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans