Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / DMF Field '' does not ...
Finance forum
Answered

DMF Field '' does not allow editing

Posted on by 3,061
I have a custom Data Entity for the Service Order Table.  My primary key is my ServiceOrderNumber field.
When I import a file with an existing ServiceOrderNumber it updates the record as expected.
However, if I want it to create a new record I can't use the 'Auto Generate' on my primary key as that would break the 'update'.

So, I decided to follow what had been done in the CustCustomerV3Entity.
I set my 'ServiceOrderNumber' 'Allow Edit' field properties on the Entity and Staging table to 'Yes'.

In looking through all the setup and code for the customer entity, this seems to be it.  However, I still get:

The second error is a result of the first error and may not matter (I believe).

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    b_radlyjames Profile Picture
    b_radlyjames 3,061 on at
    UPDATE:

I was able to get this to go through by removing the 'SERVICEORDERNUMBER' field from my import file.
    Previously I had it in there but with no value.  Once I removed it, it created the record and the used the number sequence for the service order number.

This does, potentially, pose an issue as I believe Dual-Write will be sending this data entity a value to be used for an update or no value to cause a new record to be created.
  • b_radlyjames Profile Picture
    b_radlyjames 3,061 on at
    UPDATE:

In doing more research, I found that the label from this error was this:

This label is referenced in 4 classes. Only 1 of which would be used by DMF.  

That led me to the NumberSequenceTable and the 'numAllowEdit' method.
    That method says that unless one of 3 fields is set to 'Yes', the field using the number sequence is NOT editable:

Once I set 'To a Higher Number' to yes (Seemed like the safest change for my purposes) the '... does not allow editing.' error went away.
    The other error remains.  It looks like it isn't generating a new Service Order Number like it should.  Based on the CustCustomerV3Entity, I did the following in the 'initvalue' method of my data entity:

This is similar to what I see on the CustCustomerV3Entity and other Data Entities that allow Write operations.
    I believe this is supposed to tell the field to use the Number Sequence specified in 'SMAParameters'.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,764 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans