Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Power Platform integration forum
Suggested answer

Unable to connect my PowerBI to Production database to see inbuilt Power BI Dashboards, need urgent help please

Posted on by 10

Trying to use the PowerBI inbuilt Dashboards for our customer. But no one including MS is not able to guide us correctly to activate the dashboards.

We are seeing dummy data and real data to showcase Sales, Finance and Inventory dashboards,

Please help

Regards

Categories:
  • Venki Guru Profile Picture
    Venki Guru 10 on at
    RE: Unable to connect my PowerBI to Production database to see inbuilt Power BI Dashboards, need urgent help please

Thanks a lot Ajit will try this and let you know. Appreciate your time and advice.

• Suggested answer
    Ajit Profile Picture
    Ajit 8,755 on at
    RE: Unable to connect my PowerBI to Production database to see inbuilt Power BI Dashboards, need urgent help please

Hi Venki - Yeah that's why I was saying to check if aggregate measures are scheduled to refresh or not. If not, you can go to entity store and refresh them. And to check calculation, aggregate measures are made by entities, tables or views. You can go to AOT in VS and look for Aggregate Measures under Analytics. For example 'FinancialReportingTransactionData' measure is for finance transactional data.

Venki Guru 10 on at

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for your response. The Problem we are facing is that the data in the embedded PowerBI dashboards doesn't look like it is coming from the production system, the number are wierd and are no were near reality. So we are thinking that the system is not connected to the Production Database.

Also is there a way to know what are the calculations behind the dashboard information for Finance, Sales, Procurement, Inventory, Warehouse etc.?

Thanks

Venki

• Suggested answer
    Ajit Profile Picture
    Ajit 8,755 on at

You don't have to enable to see out of the box dashboards but to get the data, you need to make sure you are refreshing your aggregate measures. Go to System Admin - setup - Entity Store and refresh required measures.

Venki Guru 10 on at

Thanks for your help.

We are looking to connect to D365 F&O and not CRM at this point.

Can you help us also how to connect to D365 F&O Power BI embedded dashboard please?

Thanks

Venki

• MSTGuy Profile Picture
    MSTGuy 310 on at

This guide will help you in building a PowerBI dashboard for Microsoft Dynamics 365:

trellispoint.com/.../

• RE: Unable to connect my PowerBI to Production database to see inbuilt Power BI Dashboards, need urgent help please

Hi Venki,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate forum, and hope you get the help needed.

Thanks,

Ruth

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans