Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / Flow Is Generating an ...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

Flow Is Generating an Error " The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'."

Posted on by 354

Hi ,

I have Created MS flow for custom entity (Lease) and I can trigger it from top navigation bar with the help of flow button, But Ms flow is generating an error while triggering it.

I am using "When A Record is Selected " Trigger Point.

I am Performing this operation in the Production Instance and I have Only Option in ms flow to select the Default environment. If I want to type my environment (Production environment)manually, is there Standard to write the environment name

3426.flow.png

1780.flow3.png

Categories:
  • simonsnell Profile Picture
    simonsnell 115 on at
    RE: Flow Is Generating an Error " The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'."

THANK YOU SO MUCH Marcel Lathouwers!  Your answer pointed me in the right direction finally.

That is the secret I've been searching for. Unfortunately MS contractor wasn't able to help but this is excellent - thanks.

• Suggested answer
    Marcel Lathouwers Profile Picture
    Marcel Lathouwers 166 on at
    RE: Flow Is Generating an Error " The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'."

As mentioned, there is a workaround. Do not use the fields from the trigger body.

Your first action step after the trigger should be the 'Get Row by ID' and use the fields from this step in the rest of your flow

sharepains.com/.../

• Stephan J Profile Picture
    Stephan J 10 on at

Did you ever solve this I am having the same thing occur

• Suggested answer

Why do you want to write the environment in your trigger? This on demand flow is always triggered from the environment where you start the flow.

If you want to do this to get rid of the error then your solution is to do a’ get recordz’n right behind the trigger and in all following step do not refer to values from the trigger

• Marcel Lathouwers Profile Picture

I think you are overreacting just a notch here. Everybody is trying to get answers or help here.

But you are right that the real question is not what all of us are responding to. It would have been better to have a subject that is closer to the question.

• psychobunny83 Profile Picture
    psychobunny83 75 on at

I'm sorry but this is such bullshit.  Your response has NOTHING to do with the OP's question.  All you people do is come on here fishing for points and "solutions."  It's honestly so annoying.  It would be so much nicer if people came on here to actually help vs just trying to increase their solution count.  There's literally NO need to sign every post with "Remember to mark my super hasty response as a solution!"

• Suggested answer

Hi @Runi,

I encountered the same issue today. But strangely my flow was somethimes working and sometimes giving the error you mentioned.

When inspecting the trigger with 'peek code' it showed two field that it is using further down in the flow. So it looks like a automatic 'rollup' of all fields that are used.

Unfortunatiely the fields are flagged as 'required'

So that is why my flow sometimes works. As long as all field are filled, it works. I like it this way, because I need both fields.

If one of them is optional, this workaround is great.  sharepains.com/.../

• RE: Flow Is Generating an Error " The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'."

I have the same problem. Please share your findings if you reach an answer.

• RE: Flow Is Generating an Error " The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'."

Tried the same - with same result as Himanshu.

• Himanshu Kamboj Profile Picture
    Himanshu Kamboj 354 on at

hi Mehdi,

I go through the link provided by you and according to the blog, I have checked my system setting and found that my flow button is already enabled.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans