Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Vendor Retention Terms...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Vendor Retention Terms - the retained amount is pushed from committed cost to remaining budget

Posted on by 5
Hi,

Could someone help me with this query?

I am using Vendor Retention terms and am creating a PO of $100 to capture the cost. When the PO is confirmed the $100 is shown as a commitment in the /Project budget balances/ report. There is a 10% retention term assigned to the PO line. However when the PO invoice is posted 90% goes to consumed budget while 10% (i.e $10) moves to the 'Remaining budget'. Could you please clarify why would D365 free us 10% of the budget when the PO is still confirmed and we still owe the 10% to the vendor. 

//
  • Vendor Retention Terms - the retained amount is pushed from committed cost to remaining budget

Hello Saurabh,

I appreciate your response. It's clear that posting an invoice triggers a reversal in the budget commitment, allocating 90% to consumed and 10% to remaining budget. I intend to reach out to Microsoft to seek clarification on why this 10% is released as budget remaining, especially considering that the vendor has yet to be paid and our obligation remains. Releasing the retained amount as budget remaining appears to compromise the integrity of the budget functionality, allowing users to potentially double-use the budget without being alerted or encountering an error message.

• Suggested answer
    saurabh bharti Profile Picture
    saurabh bharti 14,932 Super User on at
    Vendor Retention Terms - the retained amount is pushed from committed cost to remaining budget
    Hi,

As per my understanding the moment you invoice the PO completely it gets reversed completely from Committed amount , now if you still wants to see the 10% under committed amount then this might require some clarification from Microsoft .
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,                          
    Regarding vendor payment retention, you can check out the link below for more information:
    About vendor payment retention for projects | Microsoft Learn
    sisn.com
    Best Regards,
    Hana

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans