Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Accounts payable invoi...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Accounts payable invoice journal is advancing posting date

Posted on by 3,928 Super User 2024 Season 2

I have this issue in a production environment (10.0.31, Update 55).  Scenario:

• Client is on a 4-4-5 Fiscal calendar.
  • Last day of April period is 4/29/2023
  • April is open in Ledger calendar
  • Enter an A/P Invoice journal with 4/28/2023 transaction date, 4/25/2023 invoice date.  Save the journal.  Transaction date remains @ 4/28/2023.
  • Post the journal - transaction date advances to 4/30/2023 - first day of next period
  • I've not been able to reproduce this behavior in two other test environments, on same version, and with recent data refresh from PROD and have confirmed the A/P parameters match in all environments.
  • There are no customizations on the form

Is anyone aware of any parameter that would cause this?  Again, this is A/P Invoice journal, not Pending vendor invoice.

Thanks in advance.

• Duck Farmer Josh Profile Picture
    Duck Farmer Josh 13 on at
    We are having the same issue as Vickram describes. Couple points of clarity:

- We do have the system configured to advance to the next period automatically if the prior period we are trying to post to is closed or on hold.
    - Both periods are open (Previous and current)
    - We have seen this twice in the last couple on months
    - We see this intermittently, some journals post with the correct dates (prior period) and considerably less show this behavior.
    - I've ruled out user error
    -Users are not posting in batch

I have a hunch that I have not been able to prove out. I am wondering if period end reports (like the trial balance) is temporarily putting the period on hold while running. 

Has anyone had luck figuring out root cause on this?

-Josh

• Vickram Profile Picture
    Vickram 89 on at
    Hi Everyone,   I am facing a similar issue where the Ledger period for the month of May 2024 is already open and I created A/P Invoice journal.   The lines in the journal has the dates as 31/5/2024, however as soon as I post the journal the dates get automatically changed to 1/6/2024.    Please could you let me know if you have a solution to this issue.   Thanks, Vickram
  • Frank Hamelly | MVP, MCP, CSA Profile Picture
    Frank Hamelly | MVP... 3,928 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    RE: Accounts payable invoice journal is advancing posting date

Thanks Hana.  This is not a Pending vendor invoice.  It's an Invoice journal, so this feature doesn't apply.  Also, in this case, the period isn't closed, it's still open.

• Suggested answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Accounts payable invoice journal is advancing posting date

Hi Frank,

Sometimes vendor invoices can remain in pending status beyond the time when the accounting period for the specified posting date has closed. When the invoices are ready to be posted, the original posting date can’t be used since the period is closed. As a result, the accounts payable clerk must change all the posting dates on the now-unapproved invoices to the newer, open period (next month). This feature adds a parameter that lets the system change the posting date automatically according to your business needs. As a result, the due date, cash discount date, and exchange rate of the vendor invoice can be adjusted accordingly.

Note:  if you want to make this feature work, you need to enable it in feature management.

pastedimage1683784023821v1.pngpastedimage1683784030515v2.png

Best Regards,

Hana

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,564 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,651 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates