Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Workflow approval Reminder

Posted on by 1,330

Hello,

Is there any standard AX feature which can be used to send reminders to approvers to approve the workflow assigned to them if they fail to do so within a week of workflow submission date? so for example, whatever workflow assigned in a week (Monday to Sunday) should be reminded to manager on Next Monday morning if they haven't approved it.

Also if approver doesn't approve it in next 2 days of this reminder, system should send email to some higher authority as an escalation Reminder. As per our earlier  example, it would send email to higher authority on Wednesday Morning for all the workflows that were submitted in the last week (Mon-Sun) and not yet approved.

• Hassan EL Alama Profile Picture
    Hassan EL Alama 55 on at
    RE: Workflow approval Reminder

hi,

thank you for your reply.

How can i review all open workflows every Monday ?

Regards

• guk1964 Profile Picture
    guk1964 10,877 on at

it might be easier to just get Sys Admin to review all open workflows every Monday.

Otherwise maybe run a report daily/weekly/ad hoc with different filter options.

Too many workflows and notifications impact performance and various log files so if you introduce more then all the more need to manage the history.

How have you configured the alert to be delivered/notified? e.g pop up, or email or ... e.g. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg732160.aspx

• Hassan EL Alama Profile Picture
    Hassan EL Alama 55 on at

Hello,

do you have any idea when this part of code in your solution will be triggered  ?

i try this but, I have not received a reminder alert if the workflow is not approved!!! 

workItemTable.createdDateTime < DateTimeUtil::getSystemDateTime()

FYI: I generated CIL inceremental.

Thank you for your help.

• mail2vd Profile Picture
    mail2vd 1,330 on at

Thanks for your reply Yasir. I too believe so, but want to know the approach i should take for customization in case if someone has already done similar thing.

• Yasir Shahzad Profile Picture
    Yasir Shahzad 1,635 on at

Dear Lamv....thanks for such a nice idea to introduce in AX....but i think still there is no by default function in AX which fulfill your requirement. if is there any option then let us know...

i think its all belongs to customization in current features of Ax

Regards

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,500 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,426 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates