Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Version mismatch detec...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Version mismatch detect make sure the runtime dlls are in sync with the deployed metadata

Posted on by 8
Hi everyone

I encountered this error when running unit test, after completing Service Update 10.0.39 (on dev environment), Build model, and sync database.

dashboard of D365 open still ok, no error , Service updated successfully.

I try to stop service SQL reporting, stop iis , refresh model, full build (with customn models), and sync database but it not work.
Message Error : Serialization version mismatch detect, make sure the runtime dlls are in sync with the deployed metadata. Version of file '209'. Version of dll '208'.

Thanks for your help
  • Tu Le Profile Picture
    Tu Le 8 on at
    Version mismatch detect make sure the runtime dlls are in sync with the deployed metadata

Thanks Anton Venter , This mean I need update version  binaries of testcase ? , I see on this project own list  test don't have reference to any library. This issue ever happened last year , but on build version 10.0.38 I installed it at the beginning of the year 2024 , it work ok , no error occur

• Tu Le Profile Picture
    Tu Le 8 on at

Thanks Hana Xue, but I see Product Version & platform version are installed on dashboard, where can I check development or build environments and deployed on-premises environment

- "To fix the error, generate the package on a version that is the same as or earlier than the version that is deployed in the on-premises environment."
     It's mean I redeploy down version to 10.0.38 right ?

This issue occur on my local environment.

Best Regards,
    Tu Le

• Suggested answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    This document mentions this error, you can check if it helps. Troubleshoot on-premises deployments - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Suggested answer
    Anton Venter Profile Picture
    Anton Venter 5,592 Super User on at
    Hi,

You will have to update the unit test because some binaries are outdated I guess. I have only had this exact same error on my build pipeline where I had to update the NuGet packages.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,781 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,348 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans