Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Suggested answer

Embedded preference centre on word press site

Posted on by 7
Hi

We have just installed Customer Inslights - Journeys and I'm trying to set it up so that when we send emails from customer journeys, if someone clicks the unsubsctibe link they will be directed to an embedded dynamics form on our website (wordpress) which I think is possible but I can't seem to find any up to date guidance on it.

Maybe the documentation is out of date (this for example Embed forms) but but when I try to create a marketing form there is no Subscription center type or template for marketing preferences. Could someone point me in the right direction towards the documentation.

Many Thanks,
John.
  • Embedded preference centre on word press site
     @Dengliang Li   when using your approach with the normal RT form (reached due to external link within compliance profile) are the fields still pre-filled? Like topics etc?

Best regards,

Mario Neumayer
  • Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Dengliang Li Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

I create a custom real-time marketing form, not a preference center.
    You can create a custom preference center.
    However, in comparison to regular real-time marketing forms, it doesn't have the embed form option in Publish options to be hosted in an external website.

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

• LanceP1906 Profile Picture
    LanceP1906 54 on at
    You need to leverage the consent center and compliance profiles for RT marketing. I’ve not seen anyone embed that unsub page on an external site. I feel like it would add another level of complexity when things aren’t always stable to begin with. With RT you can customize your unsub page similar to how you would an email. So at least it looks nicer and you can use topics to manage how you bucket your opt outs. Unless it’s required to embed that page on a website I would just go with OOB approach. If that customization is possible it would be nice to learn more! As of today I manage the consent pretty nicely and never use subscription list or any of the OB features. After the initial bumps it gets better.
  • johnmachaldoddl Profile Picture
    johnmachaldoddl 7 on at
    Many thanks Dengliang Li for the detailed reply I was trying to get our Customer Insights app updated to the latest version

Between Step 1 and Step 2 it looks like you created a Custom Preference center but can't find anywhere to do this in the UI?

Thanks again,

John.
  • Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Hi,

Has the issue been solved?
    Have there been any updates? Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions!
    If it has been resolved, can you mark the response as an answer?

• Suggested answer
    Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Hi,

According to the official documentation.
    For new customers, only the Real-Time Marketing module is installed by default. The subscription center functionality is in the outbound marketing module. You can apply to install outbound marketing module.

For the Preference Center, it is built on real-time marketing forms.
    However, the Preference Center is not found in the Real-Time Marketing Form record, so it is not possible to host the Preference Center on an external site.

However, it is possible to implement that clicking on the unsubscribe link redirects to the site where the marketing form is embedded.
    Since I don't have a WordPress site, I'm using Power Apps Portal as a demo here.

Step 1: You need to add your website domain name to markting to enable external form hosting for this domain.

Step 2: Copy the embed code for the marketing form and embed it in your website.

Step 3: Create an external link compliance profile. Fill in the URL of the website that was previously embedded in the marketing form.

Step 4: Compliance Profile for Email selects the previously configured external link compliance profile.

The unsubscribe link dynamically points to the compliance profile's preference center URL.
    However here it will then point to the external link URL.

When I click on the unsubscribe link, it redirects to the site and displays the embedded marketing form.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me .

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans