Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Logic App move to UAT ...
Finance forum
Unanswered

Logic App move to UAT and Prod envt

Posted on by 451

Hi,

I have create a logic app which utilizes a entity and creates data in data storage.

I have below queries.( I have 4 companies in D365)

1) Do I need to run the logic app 4 times or create 4 different logic apps to run the same thing for 4 diff companies or there is a better way to handle the same in 1 app itself. the target storage folder is different for all the 4 companies but within the same resource/domain.

2) Since the app is created with my id lets say vicky's credentials including the connection with the entity, how do i move it to the UAT and Prod environment. Do I need to copy paste and manually create and change it for UAT/prod environment or ,is there a better approach.
OR do i need to use a different account in development environment itself and then use the same for uat and prod.

3) Are there any existing logic app templates available for D365 (github etc) , I know there are many in general available on internet but I want something related to D365.

Thanks,

VK

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User on at
    RE: Logic App move to UAT and Prod envt

The question of deployment of Azure resources isn't really about Dynamics 365 Finance, therefore this isn't an ideal forum.

Anyway, you can use Azure Resource Manager templates (or Bicep) to deploy Azure resource.

You can find some information specific to Logic Apps in Logic Apps documentation. There look at Quickstarts and How-to guides > Deploy.

• vicky1234 Profile Picture
    vicky1234 451 on at

Hi Anitha,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response.

I have developed some code in D365 FO which gets checkedin and gets deployed to other environments .

Lets say from dev to DEVTEST and then to UAT and then PROD.

Now the question is that how do i move the code in logic app from one environment to another one .

Is it that we need to use some steps via azure devops or it has to be done manually by creating a new resource group and add the logic app logic again .

Also is there a way to copy the whole logic app from one group to another .

I have set some local parameters via which I can change the D365 URL associated to given instance/environment.

Thanks,

VK

• AnithaEswaran Profile Picture
    AnithaEswaran 2,030 on at

Hi Vicky,

Comments inline

1) Do I need to run the logic app 4 times or create 4 different logic apps to run the same thing for 4 diff companies or there is a better way to handle the same in 1 app itself. the target storage folder is different for all the 4 companies but within the same resource/domain.  [AE] If you are executing for all the companies and the process remains the same, you can include a loop for each company and execute it?  Is the name of storage folder same as Legal entity name ? If yes, you can capture the name of LE in your loop and pass it when you move the file to storage folder. 

2) Since the app is created with my id lets say vicky's credentials including the connection with the entity, how do i move it to the UAT and Prod environment. Do I need to copy paste and manually create and change it for UAT/prod environment or ,is there a better approach.
    OR do i need to use a different account in development environment itself and then use the same for uat and prod. [AE] It is not advisable to use our credentials in configuring LA. Usually client would have created a Service Account or Batch User account for such cases where the password doesnt expire. Please check with your client. 

3) Are there any existing logic app templates available for D365 (github etc) , I know there are many in general available on internet but I want something related to D365. [AE] Which templates are you referring here ? Export or import?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans