Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

WHS Large Item Picking

Posted on by 2,695

I am just beginning to configure AX2012 R3 CU12 WHS and can't quite get the sales order picking correct.  Our items are large, and only one can be moved on a forklift at a time.  They are actually assembled and moved on a pallet, but the unit of measure is EA.  I have set up a work template using the Maximum Qty of 1, which correctly splits order lines having quantities greater than 1 into multiple work items.  The problem is that the multiple work items are sequenced on the mobile device as pick, pick, pick, put, put, put.  I need round trips from the storage area to the dock, so the sequence should be pick, put, pick, put, pick, put.

How can I set this up?

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Alisson Godoy Profile Picture
    Alisson Godoy 17 on at
    RE: WHS Large Item Picking

É simples!

Seu Modelo de trabalho está dividindo em duas etapas a Separação da Ordem de venda:

- 1 Etapa: Separar (Pegar na onde está armazenado e colocar no Local de Embalagem)

- 2 Etapa: Expedir (Pegar do local de Embalagem e colocar na Doca)

Solução:

- Use Classes de trabalho diferente. Exemplo: Linha 1 e 2 = SPick. Linha 3 e 4 = EPick

- Crie dois itens de Menu, onde cada um configure com a Classe de trabalho que foi criada.

- Desta maneira você vai conseguir que o Trabalhador, faça a Escolha e Coloca. Deixando para outro Trabalhador concluir a segunda etapa.

• lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,695 on at

Thank you for the input.  The mobile device menu item grouping is my problem.  I am try different settings to find out what works.

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

he can create new Mobile device menu item for material picking and select "User or System Directed" in directed field. Works fine when releasing picking lists, 1 pick and put of single item per each work id.

Kind Regards,

V

• Suggested answer
    fatihgork Profile Picture
    fatihgork 3,815 on at

But it is already like that, and works are 1 qty of pick, 1 qty of put already. Lispy is grouping them in the mobile device. This is a functionality that groups your pick lines which are from same location and from different works, already.

Lispy, don't your work records have 1 qty of pick and 1 qty of put already?

And when you go to mobile device, it forces you to pick more than 1?

That's because you have Work 1 and Work2, and they are are assigned to the same WorkPoolID. So application is grouping them on mobile device and ask you to pick 2 from Location. So you can close both of these works at the same time. That is the purpose of grouping, so I do not think the problem is related to Work Template, instead, it is mobile device menuitem.

Menuitem is configured to ensure the works that belong to same WorkPool ID, will be grouped by application.  And the result is just serving that purpose. 

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi lispy,

In your work template form switch to General tab, setup "Maximum Total stock quantity" and "Maximum number of pick lines" to 1.

Add lines, 1st with work type "Pick" and 2nd with "Put"

Once WO/SO is released (Based on quantity) - it will generate separate picking works of quantity 1 to pick and put.

Kind Regards,

V

• Verified answer
    fatihgork Profile Picture
    fatihgork 3,815 on at

Hi,

I believe the only solution will be using "User directed" instead of "System grouping".

However, I will also test it and let you know if I can find a standard functionality that fits your need.

When your menuitem is configured to group, it should be grouping pick lines. It is one pick line and one put line per work operation, when you use "User directed", isn't it?

• lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,695 on at

18452.Capture.JPG

• fatihgork Profile Picture
    fatihgork 3,815 on at

I see,

Can you share a screenshot of your work template?

Both lines and header maximums?

• lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,695 on at

I am using AX2012 R3 CU 12.  In my work template I have the Maximum quantity set to 1, the Maximum total inventory quantity set to one and the maximum number of pick lines set to one.  The work is being correctly split up into multiple lines, but the mobile device incorrectly  does pick, pick, pick ...

• fatihgork Profile Picture
    fatihgork 3,815 on at

Hi Lispyj,

To be able to do it, you should have 1 qty in each work.

You can't have a work record which will be:

- Pick 1 piece of item A from stocking location

- Put it on baydoor  then come back to location 1 and pick another one and so on.

With AX 2012 CU10, a group of new fields added to work template header. If you are using this version or higher, you can achieve to have diffrerent work ID's for each quantity by setting "Maximum total inventory quantity" value to 1.

If you are using an older version, I would recommend to check the functionality in CU10 or higher; Then implement it to your environment if you won't consider upgrading.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans