Skip to main content
Project Operations forum
Unanswered

Need help to Prepare Project Quotes and Quote line and Quote line details in UI Friendly way

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 2
I would like to Put my Question in Layman's term: 
Our Organization is Using Dynamics Project Operations - lite module for a Civil Construction Company.
System Admin has created Project Templates for 
Bathroom Built, Kitchen Built, Bedroom Built etc.
Bathroom Built Project templates has below Resource roles added - Which dictate's how many Human efforts will be required to acomplish construction of 1 Bathroom

5 hours for Role A i.e. Interior Designer
30 hours for Role B i.e. Tile Fitter
32 hours for Role C i.e. Laborer
44 hours for Role D i.e. Plumber
10 hours for Role E i.e. Carpenter

and in similar patter for respective Kitchen built, Bedroom built etc.

Company would like to create a Project / worked based Quotation for Multiple Flats (i.e. single unit of a 3 BHK Flat contains 3 Bathrooms) and there will be 44 Flats in 1 building.

So, Users are facing a toughtime generating a Quote for such building where logically total 132 Bathroom built.
When they select a Project Template and Copy the Project and Import Hours/estimates  in Quote line details from Project; System Only fetches the Resource Role Break up as mentioned in above fashion.

Where the need all Quantity  fetched by system at Quote line details level from Project needs to be multiplied with a definite variable number (i.e. 132 in above example.)

Only OOB way We found is literally Users needs to go in all Quote line details and Manually multiply the Quantity (132 * 44 for Plumber line) which is very teadious and can incur a lot of human errors.

It would be great help if anyone from community can provide a User Freindly solution to this problem.

Attachments
  • Erica J Ellis Profile Picture
    Erica J Ellis 31 on at
    Need help to Prepare Project Quotes and Quote line and Quote line details in UI Friendly way
    Out of the box, I think the manual update that you mention is the only way to achieve what you need. The user would need to either update the copied Project before the info is imported to the Quote or update the Quote after it is imported. Updating the Project might be a little faster and also gives you an accurate project plan.

You could make this more user friendly with some customization. You would need to build a custom copy process that allows the user to select the template and define the number (i.e. # of bathrooms in your example). The custom copy process would multiply the user defined number by the Project Task efforts instead of just copying the template. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,254 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,958 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans