Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Orphaned order tracking lines

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 2
Hi, 
one of my customers reported the following issue.
He could not delete a purchase order because of the following error: /Reservation Entry does not exist. ... Entry no. = 665993, Positive = No/.
I immediately went in table 337 and serched for the Entry No. displayed in the message. I noticed that there was only 1 record. The entry had Reservation Status = Tracking, Positive = Yes.

The system is set up to not use order tracking, so i assumed (confirmed by the customer) that the order was generated via the requisition worksheet.

The problem here is: why there are orphaned order tracking lines? 

I noticed that the order had 5000+ lines, so the procedure must have run for al /long/ period of time. I'm not a dev, so i assume (maybe incorrectly) that in this case someone deleted a set of sales lines during the running time of the procedure, after the insert of the reservation entries and before the final commit (if the procedure works that way)?

Has someone had the same experience before?

Thanks,

Davide

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 4,020 Super User on at
    this is likely a data issue, I would find if any lines has been received/invoiced for this order. Then process the SO as normal, user don't have to delete it if they couldn't for some reason. 

Unless you find how to replicate the issue, it will be hard to further troubleshoot.

Jun Wang
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 60,818 Super User on at
    First about Reservation Status,

Reservation: This is a reservation. Usually, the user has reserved this item for the order

Tracking: The program has allocated the supply for this demand. The system only tracks if the Tracking Policy field on the item card is set to Tracking Only or Tracking & Action Msg., or during planning in the planning worksheet.

Surplus: Surplus occurs in connection with tracking, for example, if the supply is not allocated to any demand, or the demand is not allocated to any supply.

Prospect: Used for non-order network entities, e.g. item journal line, to carry item tracking.

So is it possible that this is caused by the planning worksheet?

Hope this can give you some hints.
    Thanks.
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans