Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Guides forum / Best Practices for Cus...
Guides forum
Unanswered

Best Practices for Customizing Dynamics 365 Sales Modules Without Impacting Future Updates

Posted on by

I’m currently customizing the Dynamics 365 Sales module to better fit our business processes. This includes adding custom entities, fields, and workflows. While these customizations have improved our current operations, I'm concerned about how these changes might affect future updates or upgrades from Microsoft.

My questions are:

1. Best Practices: What are the recommended best practices for customizing Dynamics 365 Sales to ensure compatibility with future system updates?
  2. Documentation & Management: How can I effectively document and manage customizations to facilitate easier maintenance and upgrades?
  3. Customization Techniques: Are there specific customization techniques or tools that minimize the risk of conflicts during system updates?
  4. Workflows & Plugins: How should I approach custom workflows and plugins to ensure they remain functional and supported after updates?
  5. Testing Strategies: What strategies can be used to test customizations before applying updates to the production environment?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,792 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans