Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Unanswered

How to Put Project No. in Saved Filter of Project Planning Line?

Posted on by 87
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to put the current Project No. in the filter to save in Project Planning Lines page.
The user needs to post all of the lines that remain more or less than 0 quantity in Qty. to Transfer to Journal field before changing the status to "Completed" in a project.
There are more than 3000 lines in Project Planning Lines. 

The filter that the user always sets manually works, but every time the user has to set the filter.
When I try the saved filter, Qty. to Transfer to Journal <> 0, all the Projects' Planning Lines that are not 0 come out. 
When I set Project No. in Project No. of filter, I need to change Project No. every time.
Would you please let me know if there is a solution to set the current Project No. in Project No of the saved field?
It's the feature like when I put "t" in Date filter, it's translated to Work Date automatically. 

Thank you.

• Ben Baxter Profile Picture
    Ben Baxter 4,559 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    It depends on your start point.  If you are on your Role Center (homepage) and click "Project Planning Lines" it will show ALL Project Planning Lines.  If you are on a Project List, and select the Project you are wanting information on, then click "Project Planning Lines" via the Project List menu, it will assign the Project No. as a filter when it opens the Project Planning Lines.  This way you are only seeing the Planning Lines for the specific Project you are working on.

Most work for a Project will be done from the Project List, not from the Role Center.

I hope this helps resolve your issue!  If so, please mark it as a Verified Answer to help other Users.

Best Regards,
    Ben Baxter
    Accent Software Inc
  • YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,639 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi, As far as I know this requires a simple customization. It can't be done in the standard.
    Hope the following can give you some hints.

Thanks.
    ZHU
  • gdrenteria Profile Picture
    gdrenteria 9,472 Most Valuable Professional on at

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates