Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / System user role need ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

System user role need to assign with “Grant access to specific organizations individually”.

Posted on by 4
Hi,
In System Administration > Users - When a new user is created and the “System User” security role is assigned (this happens automatically).By default the organization assigned to “Grant access to all organizations”.
The requirement is The System User role should automatically be assigned with “Grant access to specific organizations individually” set to Yes for the DAT company.
When a user is created using either the “New” button using the functionality, they will automatically get the “System User” role and when this happens, that should default the organization for the “System User” role to only the DAT company as well.

Kindly help on this to do the development.

• Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at
    System user role need to assign with “Grant access to specific organizations individually”.
    Hi,

I do assume once the user gets other roles, the access to the system user role should be extended to the organizations this user has access. 
    Can you explain more about the next steps? Do you intend to use automatic role assignments or will these be manually assigned roles? 

The answer to your question depends on the full process. If you intend to use automatic role assignment, you can read the idea I shared in one of my blogs: Don't want to have the default System user role assignment? - Dynamicspedia

In case you will use manual role assignments and will extend access to the system user role to more organizations, you can use the same access point as I shared in my blog. Then don't delete the security role assignment, but add a line for the user in the table OMUserRoleOrganization with the User ID, Security role reference, and the DAT company in the OMInternalOrganization field.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans