Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Unanswered

Supression Segments

Posted on by 1
Hi Everyone!

I'm wondering about the Supression segments in Dynamics 365 for Marketing Outbound.  The supression segment field, can be changed once the customer journey has started in someway? We would like to add this kind of segment without creating a new journey... Because, If I create a new exact journey, I guess all the communications that has been done before will be sent again, because it's a new journey... So I don't want our customers receives duplicated e-mails.

Thank you very much for your help!
David.
Categories:
  • RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Supression Segments
    Hi,

Regarding the issue you raised about changing the exit segment in an already running customer journey in real-time marketing.
    Our team analyzed your needs and found that this is not supported.

In fact, according to Microsoft’s official documentation, lightweight changes to the customer journey will not create a new version, but for heavyweight changes that affect users, the Dynamics 365 Marketing application will automatically create a new version.

For specific details on lightweight and heavyweight changes, you can refer to the documentation in the link below.
    Edit a live journey in real-time marketing (Dynamics 365 Marketing) | Microsoft Learn

If you want to control how often a user receives emails, you can use Frequency cap, please refer to the following document for details.
    Limit the number of messages sent with frequency capping (Dynamics 365 Marketing) | Microsoft Learn

In addition, If you think your needs are essential, I recommend that you submit your idea in the Dynamics 365 community. You can use the link below to submit your idea.
    https://experience.dynamics.com/ideas/

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans