Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Purchase order approval assigns the wrong user

Posted on by

Hi, we have a very simple Hierarchical purchase order approval workflow based on the submitter, and Purchase order approval limits of their 'Reports to position' manager. Everything's working fine in our test system, but we went live this week, and in the Production system every purchase order goes to the user at the top of the hierarchy (the CFO) - it's ignoring the limits of all the lower level managers in the hierarchy. I can't see any real difference in the Signing limits policy setup between Test and Production systems, or the Position hierarchy or the workflow, and I can't even really figure out how to de-bug the problem. Any suggestions anyone?

Thank you.

Tim

• RE: Purchase order approval assigns the wrong user

Thanks for the response – the workflow’s working in the test system which is a copy of PROD, so it looks like all we have to do is restart the workflow and/or the AOS.  Thanks again for the response.

Tim

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Purchase order approval assigns the wrong user

Hi Tim,

In that case, could you please check the signing limit parameters - basis should be job and limit restriction checkbox for explicit request should not be checked.

Could you also check signing policy is defined the organization in question and default signing limits are defined for the Document type (i.e. PO) in question.

If all above setups are correct - There could possibly be a data migration issue from Test to Prod. I assume workflow import should not have any bugs. I would suggest as a last resort to manually configure workflow and signing limits and verify if it works. Otherwise, without looking into system it's very difficult to help here.

Regards,

Dwij

• RE: Purchase order approval assigns the wrong user

Hi Dwij, The stop condition is that the Employee Purchase Order Approval Limit is greater or equal to the Purchase order Invoice Amount, and as I said it's working in or TEST environment, but after exporting the workflow from Test and importing it into Production it doesn't seem to be finding the Signing limits which are setup in Production.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Purchase order approval assigns the wrong user

Hi Tim,

Given that hierarchies are correct, it looks like an issue of stop condition in the hierarchy selection.

Could you please attach a screenshot of workflow step for hierarchy selection with stop condition.

Regards,

Dwij

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans