Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Change value in Inventory

Posted on by
Hi all,

If the quantity is right and I only need to change the value. How do I do this?

Example:

I have 0 in quantity but the value of the inventory says 2900. 

How do I post/change so it will say: 0 in quantity and value says 0?

Hope it makes sense.

Regards
  • Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 5,700 Super User on at
    It seems the item in question may be setup using average costing method. In general, you could try to revaluate inventory, but it may involve different scenarios. I would advise you to reach out to partner and work with financial people to find the root cause before trying to fix. 
  • Suggested answer
    KasparsSemjonovs Profile Picture
    KasparsSemjonovs 3,335 Super User on at
    If this value is shown in Inventory Valuation report - You need to run the "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" process, so that it updates the unit costs - as all outgoing should match the all incoming value.

If this value is shown on G/L inventory account, but the Inventory Valuation report shows 0 value, then it has to be, that there is some manual postings done in this account, and You need to either reverse that manual posting, or post another one that zeroes the balance on GL account.
  • Suggested answer
    Hello,

you can use the Item Revaluation Journal for this purpose.

Enter Document No., Item No. and then choose Applies-to Entry, and Inventory Value(Revalued) needs to be zero (or the value that you want to be revaluated in this entry).

You can read more on the following link.

You will never get 0 in the Quantity field on the Item Ledger Entry since quantity is the real quantity that this entry is posted with. The remaining quantity can go to 0 once the quantity from this entry is spent.
    The process above will make your Cost Amount (Actual) zero on the entry on the Item Ledger Entry page (one that you entered on the Applies-to Entry on the Item Revaluation Journal), but the quantity will remain the one that is listed on the Item Ledger Entries page.

Revaluing the value of the entry to zero is not a common process, but if your colleagues from finance require it, you can do it in the way explained above.

If you have additional questions feel free to ask.

Greetings

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 289,068 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,987 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans