Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Issues with Visual Stu...
Finance forum
Answered

Issues with Visual Studio 2022 and D365Fo Service Update 36 Installation

Posted on by 54

Hello,

I'm encountering some challenges after updating from Visual Studio 2019 to Visual Studio 2022 in my D365Fo development environment. Additionally, when attempting to install service update 36, I'm facing another issue. I'm seeking your expertise and assistance in resolving these problems. Here are the details:

Issue 1: Error During Project Rebuild

After updating to Visual Studio 2022, I'm unable to successfully rebuild my D365Fo project. I receive the following error message:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    The /CopyReferencesTask/ task could not be loaded from the assembly Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Tools.BuildTasks, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=**********. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Tools.BuildTasks, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=*********' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.    STFTestVS22 (USR) [STFFormationModel]    C://Program Files (x86)//MSBuild//Microsoft//Dynamics//AX//Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Tools.BuildTasks.17.0.targets    125

Issue 2: Service Update 36 Installation

When attempting to install service update 36 for D365Fo, I encounter the following problem:

Stop script for service model: DevToolsService on machine: SRV-DEV-BOX2
Prompt until the user closes all Visual Studio instances or cancels the update operation
No active Visual Studio instance detected

I would greatly appreciate any guidance, insights, or solutions that you can provide to help me overcome these challenges and ensure a smooth development experience with D365Fo and Visual Studio 2022.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Categories:
  • Umesh Pandit Profile Picture
    Umesh Pandit 9,261 User Group Leader on at
    Adding the screenshot *.17.0.targets from DevToolsService\Scripts

*.17.0.targets from DevToolsService\Scripts

• Ford Sonata Profile Picture
    Ford Sonata 7 on at
    I'm having this same issue when trying to build a specific solution in Visual Studio 2022.  I've tried copying the 2 *.17.0.targets files from the latest 10.0.34 update package to the C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\Dynamics\AX\ folder.  I've even tried deleting the original (non-17.0) files, and renaming the ones with 17.0 in the name (removing the 17.0 reference in the name) so that it looks the same as the original.  I'm still getting this error.  Is there some step I am missing?  Do I need to do some "register" step or something like that?
  • TNGrizzly Profile Picture
    TNGrizzly 54 on at
    Thanks Martin this does solve the problem
  • Verified answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,353 Most Valuable Professional on at
    If you want a smooth experience, use a supported version of Visual Studio, i.e. 2019. You should expect problems if you want an unsupported version.

The problem with the build might be resolved by copying *.17.0.targets from DevToolsService\Scripts (from an app update) to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\Dynamics\AX\.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,451 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,353 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates