Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

Custom Specific Pricing

Posted on by 10

Is there a way to set customer specific pricing in Great Plains? This would be setting a specific price for an item(s) and then be able to increase or decease the price based on that price list? Currently our company keeps word documents based on customers. Each Word document has information on a specific price for an item and a given customer. When the customer places an order, someone checks their folder to see if there is a price list applicable to what they are ordering. I would like to be able to have that price pull up on their screen as they are entering the order. We are using GP 2015 R2 on-premise.

Categories:
  • Beat Bucher  GP Geek  GPUG All Star Profile Picture
    Beat Bucher GP Gee... 28,009 Super User on at
    RE: Custom Specific Pricing

Yes,

I've been knowing Rockton's team for years and their support & training is excellent. The pricing you can find on the web site, as well as download brochures & user guides

• brosello1968 Profile Picture
    brosello1968 10 on at

Thanks Beat. I had a look and it seems that would do the trick. I assume they provide training on how to use this and will get in contact with them for pricing. Thanks again.

• Verified answer
    Beat Bucher  GP Geek  GPUG All Star Profile Picture
    Beat Bucher GP Gee... 28,009 Super User on at

Next to the Extended pricing that Tim mentioned, there are also 3rd party ISV add-ons for GP.. one of the most known is Rockton's OmniPrice tool, formerly written by WinthropDC years ago, and which is very affordable.

www.rocktonsoftware.com/.../

• brosello1968 Profile Picture
    brosello1968 10 on at

Thanks for the prompt responses. I will look into the Youtube videos. Would this also ease the process of marking up prices when they increase or decrease?

• Suggested answer
    Almas Mahfooz Profile Picture
    Almas Mahfooz 10,974 User Group Leader on at

Yes Extended pricing is another option as mentioned by Tim but it depends on your licence, you can either use Extended Pricing or Standard Pricing. And need to setup various extended pricing windows for pricing.

• Verified answer
    Tim Wappat Profile Picture
    Tim Wappat 5,701 on at

There are two pricing systems built in (and other 3rd party modules too).

GP extended pricing can be enabled (depending on your GP licence), to give you price books that you may assign to customers to give you what you are seeking.

I think your users will thank you, what they are doing now seems insane in the year 2021.

Depending on how many price lists there are you could also use price levels, setting the customer default price level, but this gets difficult to manage with large numbers or items/customers, hence extended pricing gives you more choice and easier solution. - there are you tube videos on both if you search on line. 

Tim.

• Suggested answer
    Almas Mahfooz Profile Picture
    Almas Mahfooz 10,974 User Group Leader on at

They can have custom table to save price information for specific customer and when entering order lookup the table and select price from it. Sounds like a small customization.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans