Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Field Service forum / How-To | Travel & Work...
Field Service forum
Suggested answer

How-To | Travel & Working Time from Work Order automatic to Time Entries

Posted on by 10
Hi there,
we want to use the Time Entries section in the field service to monitor the utilization and bookings of the staff.
I understand from below link that this should be possible.

Time entries are useful for:

• reporting
  • understanding utilization
  • billing and invoicing for service
There are three ways time entries are created in Dynamics 365 Field Service:
- automatically during the work order process
- manually for custom business processes
- automatically for time-off requests

I want to avoid double work for the staff. They already fill in the Travel and Work Time under Service Tasks of the Work Order. We would like to see those times automatic under Time Entries. 
Is this possible? Or what would be the right approach? 
We do not want to go every day in every single work order to check there the single entries under service tasks. Instead have one screen where we see all the entered times. 
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Ian_P Profile Picture
    Ian_P 29 on at
    The Time Entries are created from the Booking data, not from the Work Order Services data.

You would need to write a Flow to create the Time Entry data from the Work Order Service data when a Work Order was set to Completed.

Note that if you trigger a flow from a Work Order system status like Completed, if you use sub-statuses on a Work Order and you use them for the Work Order status used in the your flow trigger, the flow will trigger each time the sub-status is set with that system status.
  • Suggested answer
    RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

We have analyzed your requirements and according to the official documentation you have provided, "When a work order booking status is changed to "Completed", a time entry will be created based on the booking timestamp."

If you want to create the time entity in a customized way, you may need a plugin or another way like power automate etc. Like /Time Entity/ Entity Write Record.

We are looking for available solutions and will update below if we have any new developments.

Additionally, we recommend that you contact your organization's IT staff for more professional guidance.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans