Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Customize Production Cube
Finance forum
Answered

Customize Production Cube

Posted on by 2,733
I need to add the ProdPoolID field as an additional dimension of the ProductionTable Measure Group on the out of box Analytics page.  I can extend the ProdTableExpanded view to add the field, but that is as far as I can get.

Is this even possible?  If not, what do I do?  Duplicate the entire Production Cube?

Categories:
  • lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,733 on at
    A final wrap up post for this thread.

I think what confused my here is that adding to the view via Extension in AOT does not seem to make the field available in an Entity Store element that is based on that view. If I have that incorrect, please let me know!

The steps to correct this small issue are mind boggling.  Again please correct me if there is a better way.

- copy the production cube in the AOT and make the edit, deploy ( I had to copy both the production cube and the Production Order aggregation)
    - in the Entity Store UA, refresh the new store to populate the data.
    - copy the pbix of the Production Performance power bi report from the Resources node of the AOT
    - add the copied pbix as a new resource in the AOT
    - change the Datasource of the pbix from old Production Cube to New
    - Extend the Production Performance Form
    - Add a new group at the same level in the form design as the PowerBIReportGroup and set the Width and height to largest available.
    - Hide the original PowerBIReportGroup
    - Create an extension class on the form to initialize the new report ( See Add analytics to workspaces by using Power BI Embedded - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn)
    - Build and deploy

I still have some tweaks of the form display, but this is what I have so far.
  • Verified answer
    Bill Ngo Profile Picture
    Bill Ngo 74 on at
    .Hi Lispyj,

You need to duplicate the entire ProductionCube into project because by design, system does not allow to extend Cubes. Below is the step by step instruction.

1. Extend ProdTableExpanded view into your project instead of ProdTableExpanded table.

Drag and drop the ProdPoolid field from the data source's prodtable table into the View's fields.

2. Now you can duplicate ProductionLevel in the Aggregate Dimensions into project and change the name as ProdPool. Modify this Aggregate Dimensions ProdPool as follows:

3. Duplicate ProductionCube in the Aggregate Measurements into project and change the name as you need (e.g ProductionCubeTEST).
    - Click Right mouse in the ProductionCubeTEST node to create New measure group. you can to keep/delete Company and Date_ dimension or not it is up to you.
    - Click Right mouse in the Dimensions note and create New dimension name ProdPool > in the Dimension name, search and select ProdPool dimension declared in step 2 above.

Now you have a new ProductionCubeTest to be able to filter by the ProdPoolID in your box Production Performance analytics.

I hope the above steps are helpful instruction for you.

Rgds,
    Bill

• lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,733 on at
    I keep trying ways to do this and failing.  My goal is to use the out of the box Production Performance analytics, but I need to be able to filter by the ProdPoolID, a standard field on the Production Table.

Can anyone lead me through the process of making this happen?  I have added the field to the ProdTableExpanded, which is the basis for the Production Order Dimension in the Production Cube.  I don't seem to be able to extend the Dimension or Attribute, so I need to know where to go from here.  

Can anyone give me a step by step instruction?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,445 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,334 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates