Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Creating General Journ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Creating General Journal with X++ with validation

Posted on by 351
Hi everyone,

I want to create General Journal using X++ by reading a csv file, recently to insert normal journal is working, however may I know is there possiblity to run validation first before the journal created ready to be posted ?

This is my current code, it run within loop of reading the csv line by line:
            if (!ledgerjourTable.JournalNum)            {                ttsbegin;                ledgerjourTable.clear();                                    ledgerjourTable.initFromLedgerJournalName(ledgerJourName.JournalName);                ledgerjourTable.JournalNum = JournalTableData::newTable(ledgerjourTable).nextJournalId();                str journalDate = date2str(today(), 321, DateDay::Digits2, DateSeparator::None, DateMonth::Digits2, DateSeparator::None, DateYear::Digits4);                ledgerjourTable.insert();                ttscommit;            }                            ttsbegin;            ledgerJourTrans.clear();            NumberSeq   numberSeq = NumberSeq::newGetVoucherFromId(ledgerJourName.NumberSequenceTable, true, false, UnknownNoYes::No);            ledgerJourTrans.Voucher              = numberSeq.voucher();                                       ledgerJourTrans.JournalNum           = ledgerjourTable.JournalNum;            ledgerJourTrans.DefaultDimension     = MyMasterAccountTable.DimensionDefault;            ledgerJourTrans.OffsetDefaultDimension =  MyMasterAccountTable.DimensionDefault;            ledgerJourTrans.CurrencyCode         = Ledger::accountingCurrency(CompanyInfo::current());            if (accountType == LedgerJournalACType::Ledger)            {                ledgerJourTrans.AccountType      = accountType;            }            else            {                ledgerJourTrans.AccountType      = ledgerJourName.OffsetAccountType;            }                        ledgerJourTrans.LedgerDimension      = LedgerDefaultAccountHelper::getDefaultAccountFromMainAccountId(MyMasterAccountTable.MainAccountNum);                                          if (amount > 0)            {                ledgerJourTrans.AmountCurDebit = amount;            }            else            {                ledgerJourTrans.AmountCurCredit = amount;            }                        ledgerJourTrans.PaymMode            = paymMode;            ledgerJourTrans.TransDate           = transdate;             ledgerJourTrans.TransactionType     = LedgerTransType::None;            ledgerJourTrans.OffsetAccountType   = ledgerJourName.OffsetAccountType;            ledgerJourTrans.OffsetLedgerDimension   = ledgerJourName.OffsetLedgerDimension;                                    ledgerJourTrans.insert();            lineimported ++;            ledgerJourTable.selectForUpdate(true);            ledgerJourTable.NumOfLines = lineimported;            ledgerJourTable.doUpdate();            ledgerJourTable.selectForUpdate(false);            ttscommit;

So, may I know can we validate this journal first, just like when we doing it manual and press Validate Button? and basically how to do it in X++ ?
The intention also, if the validation result is not passed (Invalid), I should not insert this journal.

Thanks

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 224,741 Super User on at
    Please create a new thread about this new topic and tell us how you've configured the number sequence.
  • Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 351 on at
    Hi Martin,

Sorry, I haven't test what your suggest. Later will do. So currently I'm using TableErrorLog() to identify there are errors after validate, as below:
    try
    {
       ttsbegin;
       LedgerJournalCheckPost checkPost = LedgerJournalCheckPost::newLedgerJournalTable(ledgerJourTable, NoYes::No);
       checkPost.runOperation();

if (checkPost.tableErrorLog())
       {
           throw Error("@SYS88904");
       }

ttscommit;

} 
    catch
    {

}

In regards of this journal not passed validation, it will throw error, and journal will not be created (rolled back)
    But may I know how to release the Voucher number sequence ? As I checked there are bunch of vouchers in Number sequence with status "ActiveNonBlocking"

May I know how to release this ? delete this from Number sequence.

Thanks.

Maybe my idea wasn't a good one. What we can do is to check how voucherErrorList is populated.

It seems to me that insertInVoucherErrorList() puts a value to voucherErrorList only if transferErrors is true. So maybe we just need to change the value of _transferErrors parameter of newLedgerJournalTrans().
    LedgerJournalCheckPost::newLedgerJournalTable(ledgerJourTable, NoYes::No, NoYes::Yes);
    Give it a try.
  • Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 351 on at
    Hi Martin,

I'm not sure I'm doing it right, but if I try to debug, the check post NumOfErrorInList() didn't have any value even though I can see this class also have tableErrorLog field and having some errors ->
    If you see in VoucherErrorList, it says {{}} ->

So basically, now I'm using that field TableErrorLog ->

LedgerJournalCheckPost checkPost = LedgerJournalCheckPost::newLedgerJournalTable(ledgerJourTable, NoYes::No);
                    if (checkPost.tableErrorLog())
                    {
                    }

Do you have any advices ?

Thanks
    Yes, the transaction will be rolled back automatically.

Your call of ttsabort isn't needed; the transaction is already rolled back before your code gets called.
  • Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 351 on at
    May I know if this kind of "block" correct ?
    try
    {           
    ttsbegin;

<<< processing data and insert into LedgerJournalTable and LedgerJournalTrans >>>     

if (checkPost.numOfErrorsInList() > 0)
         {
         }

ttscommit;

info(strFmt("@GLS91938", journalId));
         info("Import Completed");   
    }
    catch
    {
          ttsabort;
    }

If the checkPost.numOfErrorInList() contain some number, it will throw error and aborting... including roll back whatever being inserted ?

Thanks.

You just need to call the method: checkPost.numOfErrorsInList().

If you want to rollback a transaction when the number of errors isn't zero, you indeed have to use a transaction (ttsbegin/ttscommit) and have all the operations there. When the condition is met, throw an error, which rollbacks the transaction. You don't necessarily need try/catch.
  • Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 351 on at
    Hi Martin,

May I know how to get the numOfErrorsInList ?

Btw, about my intention of using this LedgerJournalCheckPost to validate first my journal creation, how is the "block code" should be, so when the result of CheckPost is "Invalid", the journal I inserted (created) is rolled back (creation cancel) ?

Should I use Try..Catch() and in which part I should use ttsbegin.. ttscommit ? Is the ttsbegin.. ttscommit put one time only at the the beginning and end of Try... block ? where exactly I should put the CheckPost ?

Sorry, I'm pretty confuse how exactly the best way of writing this. Hope I can get some guidance.

Thanks.
  • Suggested answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Use LedgerJournalCheckPost class. For example:
    Then you can check numOfErrorsInList() if needed.
  • Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 351 on at
    Sorry,

the code looks in mess. This is the formatted.
                if (!ledgerjourTable.JournalNum)
                {
                    ttsbegin;
                    ledgerjourTable.clear();

ledgerjourTable.initFromLedgerJournalName(ledgerJourName.JournalName);
                    ledgerjourTable.JournalNum = JournalTableData::newTable(ledgerjourTable).nextJournalId();
                    str journalDate = date2str(today(), 321, DateDay::Digits2, DateSeparator::None, DateMonth::Digits2, DateSeparator::None, DateYear::Digits4);
                    ledgerjourTable.insert();
                    ttscommit;
                }

ttsbegin;
                ledgerJourTrans.clear();
                NumberSeq   numberSeq = NumberSeq::newGetVoucherFromId(ledgerJourName.NumberSequenceTable, true, false, UnknownNoYes::No);
                ledgerJourTrans.Voucher              = numberSeq.voucher();                           
                ledgerJourTrans.JournalNum           = ledgerjourTable.JournalNum;
                ledgerJourTrans.DefaultDimension     = MyMasterAccountTable.DimensionDefault;
                ledgerJourTrans.OffsetDefaultDimension =  MyMasterAccountTable.DimensionDefault;
                ledgerJourTrans.CurrencyCode         = Ledger::accountingCurrency(CompanyInfo::current());
                if (accountType == LedgerJournalACType::Ledger)
                {
                    ledgerJourTrans.AccountType      = accountType;
                }
                else
                {
                    ledgerJourTrans.AccountType      = ledgerJourName.OffsetAccountType;
                }            
                ledgerJourTrans.LedgerDimension      = LedgerDefaultAccountHelper::getDefaultAccountFromMainAccountId(MyMasterAccountTable.MainAccountNum);

if (amount > 0)
                {
                    ledgerJourTrans.AmountCurDebit = amount;
                }
                else
                {
                    ledgerJourTrans.AmountCurCredit = amount;
                }

ledgerJourTrans.PaymMode            = paymMode;
                ledgerJourTrans.TransDate           = transdate; 

ledgerJourTrans.TransactionType     = LedgerTransType::None;
                ledgerJourTrans.OffsetAccountType   = ledgerJourName.OffsetAccountType;
                ledgerJourTrans.OffsetLedgerDimension   = ledgerJourName.OffsetLedgerDimension;            

ledgerJourTrans.insert();

lineimported ++;

ledgerJourTable.selectForUpdate(true);
                ledgerJourTable.NumOfLines = lineimported;
                ledgerJourTable.doUpdate();
                ledgerJourTable.selectForUpdate(false);
                ttscommit;

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Can you answer this forum question?

You could make someone's day!

Community Newsletter - May 2024