Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Data forum
Suggested answer

Segment Always Skipped

Posted on by

Hello All,

When I am trying to refresh segment, its related measures, data sources etc. in all i am getting error like skipped/Failed. This is happened only when i am trying to perform export destination step into customer insights. Once export destination is done the segment will shown into Marketing module. But i am getting error into segment refresh it will shown as error. Due to this error i cant able to perform other steps in Customer insights. 

Please find below attached screenshots.

pastedimage1645773003207v1.png

pastedimage1645773035251v2.png

pastedimage1645773123268v3.png

pastedimage1645773147517v4.png

pastedimage1645773167413v5.png

pastedimage1645773186381v6.png

Can anyone help me? Your suggestion will appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

• JimsonC Profile Picture
    JimsonC on at
    RE: Segment Always Skipped

Hi ,

Sorry about getting back to you so late.... Are you still seeing this or was this a transient issue?

• Bill Ryan Profile Picture
    Bill Ryan 803 on at

Hey there.  So first, is this a Trial Environment? If so, I'll just say that Trial environments often have some glitches.  Its not a great answer, but I've often just spun up a new Trial in many cases b/c it's easier than going down the troubleshooting path.  You can Reset the environment, totally, just the configurations or just the data.  I think that's probably going to be best bet if this is trial. If it's disabled the only thing I think you can do is Request Help from MS directly

This error message is different from the first one.  The first one looks like standard one when M3 doesn't complete b/c Segment membership depends on M3 completion.  The MS team monitors these forums pretty regularly so they may be able to help if you're still getting that second message (I wasn't sure if you were saying that's your current state or you saw someone else have it - or both ;-) )

• RE: Segment Always Skipped

Hi Nya & Ryan,

I have tried to De Activate the segment and Activate again then apply refresh but still it won't work. But based on my research i found the issue like below in detail.

Currently I am using Trial environment and in my trial environment by mistake there was two environments created for Customer Insights & 1 for Marketing. So Total 3 environments created in my trial tenant. Now the issue is both the environment of Customer insights are used in Customer insights lab cycle. And before few days i have deleted one environment out of two. Now when i was trying to refresh before deleting that environment everything was working fine. But after deleted the environment i am getting the error in refreshing all things like Data Sources, Map, Match etc. The error is shown as in Map & Match and showing that the error is "Configured environment is Disabled".

So Can you both please help me in this issue? Is this correct issue resolution that i have found or anything else?

Kindly find attached screenshot of error.

pastedimage1646199151403v1.png

Thank you in advance!

• Suggested answer
    Bill Ryan Profile Picture
    Bill Ryan 803 on at

Can you please post the error message on the Segment? It may be the 'one of the downstream processes' one, which usually means that the M3 didn't complete properly.  So if it doesn't, very frequently you'll see the errors you have b/c Segments can't be recomputed reliably. You can run the segment individually to see, it's possible there's something wrong with the formula you used but based on all the Skips, I suspect something went wrong with the Merge/Map/Match aka M3 refresh and these just cascaded.

• Suggested answer
    Nya Profile Picture
    Nya 29,054 on at

Hi Vrundali,

Activate or Deactivate the segment. Segments have two possible states - active or inactive. These states come in handy when editing a segment. For inactive segments, the segment definition exists but it doesn't contain any customers yet. When you activate a segment, its state changes from 'inactive' to 'active" and it starts looking for customers that match the segment definition. If a scheduled refresh is configured, inactive segments have the Status listed as Skipped, indicating that a refresh wasn't even attempted. When an inactive segment is activated, it will refresh and will be included in scheduled refreshes. Alternatively, you can use the Schedule later functionality in the Activate/Deactivate dropdown to specify a future date and time for activation and deactivation of a particular segment.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans