No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

PO is not create automatically when PR is approved

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi all,

I use AX 2012 R3.

Please help me to solve this issue:

The PR has been approved but no PO is automatically created. Though Vendor and price is filled in PR line. I also check "Automatically create purchase orders" and "Run Automatic purchase order creation as a batch job" are checked. And I've also created a batch purchase order generation. 

Please guidance, your feedback will be highly appreciated
Regards.

Categories:
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: PO is not create automatically when PR is approved

Try restart the AX service. After we changed the Purchasing policy, the service need to restart for the new policy to work.

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Sefa thanks for the guidance.

I have setup as you suggest but still can not create PO automatically.

I've found the cause of why PO is not automatically formed. It turns out there is one setup in the System administrator that I have not changed.

System administration > Setup > System Parameter > System Line Number, change the increment from 0 to 1.

After I change the Increment, PO can be created automatically.

• Verified answer
    Sefa Duman Profile Picture
    Sefa Duman 1,167 on at

Hi Izka,

You should define purchasing policies to create purchase orders from approved purchase requisitions automatically. For this:

• Open purchasing policies form via Procurement and sourcing > Setup >  Policies > Purchasing policies.
    • Then edit the current purchasing policy or create a new purchasing policy.
    • Under Policy rule type, choose Purchase order creation and demand consolidation
    • Create policy rule
    • Click the Manual purchase order creation tab. Then define the parameters that determine whether a purchase requisition must be manually processed, or whether it can be automatically converted into a purchase order. The parameters can apply to internal catalog items, external catalog items, or non-catalog items. Select one of the following options:
    1.    Manually create purchase orders – Manually create purchase orders for all purchase requisitions.
    2.    Automatically create purchase orders – Automatically create purchase orders for all approved purchase requisitions. No purchase requisitions are held for manual purchase order creation.
    3.    Automatically create purchase orders except under these conditions – Manually create purchase orders for purchase requisitions that match the criteria that you define. All other purchase requisitions that are approved are automatically converted to purchase orders.

If you select Automatically create purchase orders except under these conditions, you can add procurement categories and vendors to specify which approved purchase requisition lines are held for manual processing. This option can apply to internal catalog items, external catalog items, and non-catalog items. When you select a procurement category, any subcategories for that procurement category are also selected. Select the All option for a specific type of purchase requisition line to hold all lines of that line type for manual processing.

You can refer to this link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh209386.aspx

Best regards,

Sefa

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans