Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Answered

How can I change the "Send from" email to default to queue shared mailbox for all users?

Posted on by 15

I tried to create a workflow and it did default the "Send from" email address to the queue shared mailbox email, however it broke the email configuration and emails stopped flowing in. Once I deleted the workflow, the shared mailboxes connected back up to Dynamics 365 again.

Help please? 

Categories:
  • Marissa M Profile Picture
    Marissa M 15 on at
    RE: How can I change the "Send from" email to default to queue shared mailbox for all users?

Hi Sayen

That's unfortunate to hear. Hopefully this is something that can be done in future, as it makes sense for support queues.

Appreciate your help, thank you.

Kind regards

Marissa

• Verified answer
    Sayen Zhang Profile Picture
    Sayen Zhang on at
    RE: How can I change the "Send from" email to default to queue shared mailbox for all users?

Hi Marissa,

I try to select shared mailbox in email's send to and cannot receive the email from queue. While I select other users in email's send to, I can receive the email.

It seems that it is not available to select shared mailbox in email's send to and use workflow to change email's send from to the same shared mailbox unless we deactivate the flow and change email's send from manually.

Best Regards,

Sayen Zhang

Marissa M 15 on at

Hi there

The above solution changes the "Send from" to the queue which is great, but I tested sending an email back to the shared mailbox and the CRM has not received it. Same behaviour as before. Is it possible the configuration broke again?

Cheers

Marissa

Marissa M 15 on at

Hello Sayen,

This worked like magic! :)

Thank you heaps!

Cheers

Marissa

• Suggested answer
    Sayen Zhang Profile Picture
    Sayen Zhang on at

Hi Marissa,

Hope you are well.

Please try to uncheck "Start when: Before Record status changes". Here are the steps:

1. Click "Start when: After Record is Created" in a workflow.

2. When we create the record, email's send from not change and status is Draft.

3. When we save the record that we created, email's send from will change to the queue shared mailbox email and status is still in Draftit also not breaks the email configuration.

Best Regards,

Sayen Zhang

Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,986 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans